Ro System Ordered!!!!!!

reeferdc

I just ordered the 3 stage reverse osmoses system from this web sight. It was the $199.00 one.
THis will be the first time I use Ro water in my tanks. the are both fish only with no live rock. How big of a water change can I do with the Ro water, and how soon will I see a change?? What will the change be???
SOOO EXCITED! I want to finally kill this damn algea.

thangbom

you do the same amout wc as u useually do.. max of 40% of your water volum... the changes.. wel it's had to tell what changes may happen .. most likly the algea will go agay over a period f time..

reeferdc

thanks.. can anyone be a bit more specific?? Was it worth the investment??? Why do people use Ro water?? Will algea go away??? I HATE THE ALGEA IN MY TANK!!! I dont have alot but the little thats in there is soo annoying.

blemmy_guy

Yes it will and i would only start with a 20 % water change . Then I would after your 1st water change, i would break it down to weekly water changes. In my 125 i change out 5 to 10 gallons a week. I usually alternate those 2. that way i get a full 20 % monthly. And Yes it was worth the investment! Congrats your going in the right direction for a Saltwater tank! And the reason we use ro/di in my case is theres so much crap, like copper and other heavy metals in our city water, the filter helps remove them. Goodluck! Todd

reeferdc

do RO units solve most algea problems??? Will it get rid of algea if its already there??? Can anyone tell me what happened after they stoped useing tap water and started using Ro water???

ebsochin

I'm in the same boat as you reeferDC! I have some algae growth in my tank and have my 6 stage RO/DI coming on Monday. I was wondering how quick to change the water? I plan on doing about a 25% water change and then space it out over a month or so. Is this correct??
I paid $145 with shipping for mine from the famous auction site.

reeferdc

im getting the 3 stage one from this site. Mine is comming on Tuesday of this week!!!
Can anoyne out there give me some info?

kdfrosty

I have gotten in to the routine of doing weekly 10% water changes. It replinshes the trace minerals that are benificial in water.
I have been using RO water for a while. Like already said, it is free of many of bad elements you will find in most cities tap water. Tap will often contain copper, which is bad for any tank, or phosphates which will cause an algae break.
By buying an RO unit now you will undoubtedly save money in the long run, and have good drinking water as well.