ro trouble

has anyone had trouble with there kent ro unit? mine has been running for like 10 months not problem now it makes a noise every couple minutes like a humming noise it comes form the shutoff valve it has a shutoff valve and a float valve I replaced both but it still does it I even changed the check valve please help it is driving me nuts

yes and Ihave been e-mailing them for 2 weeks no reply and I called and nothing the last time I had trouble (I cut my restrictor thing for the wast water they sent me a new one )they where great but now I am not sure if I will buy another one of theres I am not sure that they know why it is doing this

no just when it is stopped and builds pressure I am going order a pressure guage so I can make sure that the pressure isn't too high but it has been running for 10 months I don't think that my water pressure just went up but you never know

dreeves

I wouldnt think the pressure to the system would be a problem...they have to be designed to accomidate a many different household..in many different parts of the world...so I would reckon the allowable pressure is probably pretty high...on my auto on/off device...there are several rubber washer type fittings inside in layers...the bottom one was slightly kinked well creased anyways...but it eventually caused the output to stop...while waiting for a new one..I took the thing apart and discovered the crease..straightened it out...turned it a little...and it worked like new...maybe check yours out.
Something else...have you ever heard air in a waterline? The rattling it makes? Could that possibly be it?

I bought a new one and it did the same thing so now I am not sure but it did work before mabe the new one is bad too? I am ordering a water regulator to see if that helps to make sure that it does not go over 80 psi I talked to my faince and she said that they are working on the water lines down the road so maybe that has something to do with it? now that I think of it that is when it started but I still don't think that my water comming in is over 80 psi that is what the auto shutoff is rated @
this is the regulator
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/aquamallusa/noname.html

dreeves

Could be air in your lines from the construction you mentioned...could even be something they are doing which affected the pressure. You have a tough one there.

dreeves thank you for taking the time to answer my ?? I never heard back from kent for the 3 time I do have good news it stopped I have know Idea why but it did they did stop working down the road so I do think it had something to do with it