RO unit advise

angelgirl

I have finally decided to do it!! I am tired of lugging water home and I am going to get a new RO unit, the problem is I am going to have to install it myself and I am not the most handy of people. I am looking for suggestions I would like to find one that I could mount under the kitchen sink, be able to get replacement filters when needed and I am most interested in the quality of water.
any help will be appreciated
Angelgirl

helpme74

www.airwaterice.com
DUAL HOME / REEF
Add any of the options below. No extra shipping. The Dual Home/Reef is a six (6) stage RO/DI (Reverse Osmosis/De-Ionizing) reef keeping system that uses a 50gpd (Gallons Per Day) FilmTec Membrane for truly great water quality and production rates.
This model has been designed from the gound up to provide absolutely pure, lab grade RO/DI water for your reef, while at the same time providing you with a constant supply of exceptionally purified RO drinking water. With 2 seperate outputs already provided, you will never have to fuss with the connections, as with other systems.
This unit comes with a professional, permanently set capillary flow restrictor crucial to the performance of this unit, as well as the life of your filters. With all of the built in features like the automatic shut off valve and system capabilities, this is truly a plug-n-play unit that will provide you with everything you could ever want in a water purification system!
Stage 1 A high capacity, durable and long lasting sediment filter.
Stage 2 An acid washed* Gem coconut carbon block filter that removes up to 99% of chlorine.
Stage 3 Another acid washed* Gem Coconut carbon block filter that removes the remainder of chemicals and chlorine, rated for 7,500 gallons of water. Together, the two carbon filters assure that chemicals and chlorine have been removed providing high quality water and protecting the most expensive part of the unit (the FilmTec membrane**) and all of our carbon filters are phosphate free to assure water purity.
Stage 4 A 50gpd FilmTec membrane that removes the majority of TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) such as bacteria, viruses, arsenic and mercury.
Stage 5 RO Side -- A 10" in-line carbon filter for further purity.
Stage 6 DI Side -- A DI filter that removes whatever remaining TDS may have been left behind by the RO membrane, thus resulting in the purest water possible.
* Acid washing assures purity and excellent flow rate.
** FilmTec provides a three-year limited warranty. Please contact us for more information.
Standard Features:
Quick connect, push-in fittings eliminate the need for tools, teflon tape, or pipe dope.
All hardware and tubing.
Manual pure water shut-off ball valve.
Automatic shut-off valve.
Exclusive Chrome Swivel Two position PUSH IN Goose neck faucet.
3.2 gallon pre-charged RO pressure/holding tank.
Illustrated instruction and installation manual.
Add any of the options below. No added shipping
Price: $189.00
Membrane:
50 GPD $189.00
75 GPD $199.00

emmitt

I've been looking for the same myself and the general consensus on the boards seems to be the Typhoon III. Everyone says easy to install and works great, about $199. Think thats what im gonna get but interested to hear any more suggestions.

sleasia

emmitt...go ahead and get the typhoon III...I love it..the staff there are very helpful...they also already have any gizmos you may want to get like float valves etc. so you don't have to figure anything out yourself...If you get one of their float valves and install it in your "trash can" r/o water resevoire, you can leave the system on continually. when the "trash can" is full the float shuts off the system. As you use your r/o water it will continuously be refilling for you...makes life simpler.

A

acman

I bought my RO/DI off ---- for 99.00. We use it for our drinking water also, tastes wonderful. My only suggestion is getting a storage tank, I am ordering one off ---- also.

chipmaker

Got one off that auciton site and bought another from a vendor on that site as well. Already had problems with the aqua safe brand unit and absolutely no warranty support form vendor....The other unit from the filter direct company is a great unit and with shipping it is only about $120 delivered.

blazehok68

I Got Mine Off Of The Auction Site For A Hundred Bucks Shipped. Its A Six Stage With Auto Shut Off ( If Hooked Up To A Storage Tank) And The Membrane Flush And Everything. It Is All Put Together When You Receive It In The Mail. The Hardest Part About Hooking It Up Is Getting The Right Fittings At The Hardware Store. It Comes With A Couple Of Connectors Options, But I Live In An Apartment So I Wanted To Be Able To Disconnect It Without Any Problems So I Had To Do A Custom Install. Im Happy With It 100gpd

indymatt

Originally Posted by helpme74
www.airwaterice.com
DUAL HOME / REEF
Add any of the options below. No extra shipping. The Dual Home/Reef is a six (6) stage RO/DI (Reverse Osmosis/De-Ionizing) reef keeping system that uses a 50gpd (Gallons Per Day) FilmTec Membrane for truly great water quality and production rates.
This model has been designed from the gound up to provide absolutely pure, lab grade RO/DI water for your reef, while at the same time providing you with a constant supply of exceptionally purified RO drinking water. With 2 seperate outputs already provided, you will never have to fuss with the connections, as with other systems.
This unit comes with a professional, permanently set capillary flow restrictor crucial to the performance of this unit, as well as the life of your filters. With all of the built in features like the automatic shut off valve and system capabilities, this is truly a plug-n-play unit that will provide you with everything you could ever want in a water purification system!
Stage 1 A high capacity, durable and long lasting sediment filter.
Stage 2 An acid washed* Gem coconut carbon block filter that removes up to 99% of chlorine.
Stage 3 Another acid washed* Gem Coconut carbon block filter that removes the remainder of chemicals and chlorine, rated for 7,500 gallons of water. Together, the two carbon filters assure that chemicals and chlorine have been removed providing high quality water and protecting the most expensive part of the unit (the FilmTec membrane**) and all of our carbon filters are phosphate free to assure water purity.
Stage 4 A 50gpd FilmTec membrane that removes the majority of TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) such as bacteria, viruses, arsenic and mercury.
Stage 5 RO Side -- A 10" in-line carbon filter for further purity.
Stage 6 DI Side -- A DI filter that removes whatever remaining TDS may have been left behind by the RO membrane, thus resulting in the purest water possible.
* Acid washing assures purity and excellent flow rate.
** FilmTec provides a three-year limited warranty. Please contact us for more information.
Standard Features:
Quick connect, push-in fittings eliminate the need for tools, teflon tape, or pipe dope.
All hardware and tubing.
Manual pure water shut-off ball valve.
Automatic shut-off valve.
Exclusive Chrome Swivel Two position PUSH IN Goose neck faucet.
3.2 gallon pre-charged RO pressure/holding tank.
Illustrated instruction and installation manual.
Add any of the options below. No added shipping
Price: $189.00
Membrane:
50 GPD $189.00
75 GPD $199.00

Excellent unit, I have it setup like the typhoon III (upgraded DI) but with the faucet and storage tank so I can use it for drinking water as well. I got the 75GPD membrane upgrade and have been really happy!

deeze

I'm not sure if the manufactures above get cheap or not but make sure they don't use the junky little in-line back pressure plastic fitting. This is a way the RO manufactures save money. It's MUCH better to get the units with the Manual Flushing Flow Restrictor. Trust me it's great, this allows you to perform a monthly flushing of the RO membrane and basically doubling the live of the membrane. Very nice feature. I just turn the valve and water flushes quickly through the membrane and cleans it... simply close the valve and everything returns to normal.