RO Unit.. And Aparment

donmgicwon

I just ordered the 100 ga. 2006A RO + DI from aquasafecanada. I hope its good and my fish are happy. If it works I think it will be worth the money. It looks like it will be a bit of a job installing though. I don't trust saddle vavles so I'll have to do some mods. to my plumbing. I hope I can mount it in my basement to feed both my kitchen faucet and my fridge. My water here tastes like S#*T so I hope this helps that too.:jumping:

ikinne1

I can attest to the effectiveness of the Aquasafe RO DI unit on ----. They're good units. I was skeptical, but TDS tests from an independent LFS have confirmed unrivaled quality.
Build a garden hose adapter with materials from Lowe's/Home Depot and you're in business. I get about 75 gpd with mine. Don't listen to the 10gpd>75gpd nonsense(sorry), it just makes sense to be able to be a true American compulsive consumer and have it NOW rather than THEN. If that makes any sense....plus the little 10gpd units look like toys my kid might play with.
So, the moral of the story is "Get on ---- and get yourself a nice RO DI unit for a fraction of the cost."
Good luck, and cheers.

krowleey

i went to Ace hardware and got a high quality saddle and some copper piping and made a custom feed so i have a shutoff without having to shut all the water to the house. you made a good choice thats the same unit i have and get 0 TDS GL with your new Unit youll love it

dragracer

Ok heres what I wanna know. How did you find a landlord that lets you have a 75 gallon tank in an apartment. Cause I am worried about having this problem!!

I

irenicus

Simple... you don't tell them. Plus... I don't think it would be a problem anyway. I've never had trouble any place I lived. They think it looks cool.

krowleey

Originally posted by dragracer
Ok heres what I wanna know. How did you find a landlord that lets you have a 75 gallon tank in an apartment. Cause I am worried about having this problem!!

its not 75 gallons its 3.2 gallons the 75 measn the ro membrane is rated at making 75 gallons of ro water per day.

bobbyzat

ikinne1, you mentioned a garden hose adapter. This is the solution i am looking for. How would I do that? I just got my RO/DI unit, and the directions suck, along with the fact I cannot pierce the pipes cuz its a rental place. Can i just attatch a piece of pipe to my garden hose, pierce that, and let the waste water drain outside? Is it that simple, or am i missing something? Thanks.