RO unit waste water constantly running?

daltrey

I just got a new RO unit and it works but the waste water is constantly running, at about 1 gallon every 10 minutes. what is causing this and how do i fix it?

daltrey

Hi, i do but it only takes a couple of hours to completely fill up but the waste water keeps running. i let it run overnight to fill up and the next day the waste water was still running just as fast.

acrylic51

As long as the RO unit is running producing water it will continue to run... Do you have an automatic shutoff valve installed on the RO to shut it down once your tank and water vat is full??? Might be something to look at adding to the RO unit

daltrey

my water pressure is 86 psi. is this too much? it does have an automatic shut off valve installed.

acrylic51

Is there a float valve installed to put back pressure on the system??? I don't think it should run all the time, but it seems your pressure is a bit high, maybe it's running to relieve the pressure????

qaf

for every gal of r/o water -you will discharge about 4 gal of waste water. after your holding tank is completly filled up and the unit is not making any more r/o water, then the waste water should stop running..if you are using a bladder tank (before and holding tank) remember it still has to fill before the unit is done making r/o water :confused: hold this helps!

dogstar

Most RO units have a automatic shut off valve built in to them. It has 4 water lines plumbed to it. Not sure how they work, but like any thing esle it can go bad. If your unit came with instuctions it may have a parts list and you can call the manufactor and get another one.