ro waste water

gritchie2

I am going to set up a ro system in my garage for making water for my tank, I was thinking about running the waste water into my garden, where I grow vegetables. Please give me your opinions on this, I could also run it to my grass. It would be tough to run it to a sewer drain.

cowfishrule

yes, it does.
its something like 4gallons of water to make 1 perfect gallon of r/o.
please somebody correct me if im wrong.

geridoc

Originally Posted by bigarn
I've heard RO waste water is better than most tap water ....

Not possible - RO waste is just tap water, but with more concentrated contaminants. There are others on this board who regularly use the waste for plant feeding, so watering a garden should be fine.

judyk

My ro is set up by my washer. I drip the wastewater into it. When it's full I do a load of laundry. Making use of the wastewater is always better than pouring it down the drain.

bambam_250r

You could do that. The "waste water" is just the rinse water that is moving across the membrane. Membranes work on positive pressure, the water moves across the membrane and only allows the h20 water molecules get through because of the size of the holes in the membrane. It does take about 4 gallons of tap water to make one 1 gallon of water through the membrane. The waste water is a bit cleaner than tap water because it's gone through the sediment filter and the carbon block already.

weberian

Originally Posted by BamBam_250r
The waste water is a bit cleaner than tap water because it's gone through the sediment filter and the carbon block already.
I agree.