RO Water from a car wash?

threed240

I have a friend who runs a local oil change/car wash buisness. They have a huge RO water filtration system. The thing holds over 1000gal of water in a tank. They use this water for there spot free rinse system. My question is would it be ok for my aquarium. He said I could have as much as I wanted for free. It looks the same as most RO systems except this one is about 5 feet tall. I would get the water straight out of the filter system, and not from the car wash bays or anything.

am3gross

i dont knoe if i would do it. if you do do it make sure you test the water before you actually use it. im sure there is some kind of impurities in it thou. let us know what you decide.
am3gross

threed240

I will test it. This one is just a commercial size RO system. Although it does not have a UV filter. But everything else is the same, just bigger. They do regularly change their cartridges, from what I was told.

maxalmon

I'm sure they only filtering for a certain micron size of impurities, I don't think they run the water thru a carbon membrane, if they do, I can't see any problem with using it. Make sure you test the water.

threed240

It does go through a carbon membrane. I believe it is the last thing it goes through. What kinda test kit would I need? Would I have to buy each tester separate or is there a whole kit?