Roach

emmitt2

Florida reefers may appreciate this.
I come home , look at the tank and see that this dang hitchhiker crab has knocked down my xenia frag, AGAIN! (i swear, when i finally catch this little bugger, i'm gonna eat him :mad: ). I put my hand in to fix it, look over and a HUGE roach is staring me in the eye. This is a Florida special, good 2 inches and he is sitting right on the top of the tank, inside edge. Jumped away and stared at him for a few minutes trying to figure out how to get him w/o letting him fall in the tank. Finally got a piece of newspaper and got 1 good shot. Luckily, he got split in half on the top brace and even luckier, my tang spit out the leg that fell in and i got it out.
I'm so grossed out right now, been in this house for 6 years and this was the 1st live roach ive ever seen. YUCH!!!

puffer32

Originally Posted by emmitt2
Florida reefers may appreciate this.
I come home , look at the tank and see that this dang hitchhiker crab has knocked down my xenia frag, AGAIN! (i swear, when i finally catch this little bugger, i'm gonna eat him :mad: ). I put my hand in to fix it, look over and a HUGE roach is staring me in the eye. This is a Florida special, good 2 inches and he is sitting right on the top of the tank, inside edge. Jumped away and stared at him for a few minutes trying to figure out how to get him w/o letting him fall in the tank. Finally got a piece of newspaper and got 1 good shot. Luckily, he got split in half on the top brace and even luckier, my tang spit out the leg that fell in and i got it out.
I'm so grossed out right now, been in this house for 6 years and this was the 1st live roach ive ever seen. YUCH!!!
Seen afew texas sized roaches in my house since moving here in march, really groused me out. They sure grow everything big here in Tx :scared: