rock beauty

i went to big als today to cheak out what they had and when i got there i saw two rock beauties1 They were so beautiful so i asked the guy there to feed them both and the big one didn't eat but the smaller one ate! So i got it and its in my 60 gal qt with a flame angel and i gave it food and it ate great! It will soon be in my 580 with enentuly a king, queen, and blue angel...i`ll try and get pics after i get my new camera

nicetry

You won't find many accounts of long term succes with this fish in captivity. Their diet consists almost solely of sponge so be prepared to offer it a lot of this. Even then, there seems to be a problem duplicating it's natural diet. Many do not live more than a few years (if that) in captivity.
I kept one back in the day. Had it for two years. Ate like a pig, grew a couple of inches, survived a substrate change. Found it dead on the bottom of the tank one day with no signs of illness or distress. Good luck with it. Having purchased the smaller of the two, it might take to other foods.

i knew that the spong in its diet would eventuly be a problem so i bought some angel formula and from time to time i`ll buy the guy a live spong to snack on