Rock Work

seahorse11

THanks Jamb,
I appreciate the info. I think I AM going to get the LR at my LFS. Since seeing your tank, I have been to my LFS just to see what he has and how much it was. He has some good looking pieces and he just got in a HUGE order of SW fish and LR.
You have 100 lbs of LS? How deep is your sand bed?
Again.....gorgeous tank!

jambi0n

Seahorse,
My sand bed is about 1 1/2" - 2". I used this brand called arrive alive. 4 - 25lb bags. It looks really nice. And so far I think the LR and LS is doing it's job. Since I put the raw shrimps in the tank, all my perimeters have been stable. I just have to raise the p-h level, cuz it dropped to like 7.8-8.0 yesterday.
So good luck with your tank... and again, post them pix when it up.

oceanist

Jambion ill post some pics later today , my wife needs to bring our digi home from work. lees feeds selection is good but in my opinion nothin beats o street not even capital , o street is kinda small but there inventory is great , im going to have to check exotic out though

oceanist

oh also at lees feed i bought 40 lbs of LR for 3.99 and they gave me a 40 dollar certificate for fish. Buit my LR doesnt have as many sponges as yours looks to have , so now im kinda jealous

jambi0n

Oceanist,
Yeah I just got home O st and I placed an order for a chiller. My friend there gives me a lot of info, and gives me the same answers that I get here. I buy good from Exotic, but i'm going to buy my fish from O st. I'm not a big fan of Capital Aquarium. They don't have great service and they are way overpriced. True, they have been around for a while, but I actually like it when an employee says hello, when you walk in.