Rock work

colorteck

So what do you think about my rockwork? I have another 20 pounds in my 30 gallon I might move over. 75 gallon and a little brown algea but soon to be stocked in another three weeks.

darknes

Looks pretty good.
Are those pieces glued in place or anything? It just looks like it could topple over at any time.

colorteck

No they are not but they are wedged pretty good. It looks alot better from where I am. the sand slopes down to the back as it makes it look deep in the back. They are actually wedged pretty good. It more less leans towards the back.
There are three huge base rocks at the bottom that supports all of it.

fishmamma

It looks like you have plenty of rock in there. Your fish will love all the openings to swim through.

colorteck

I was thinking the same. Enough rock so I will probably stick the rest on my refugium once I get finished with it.

coastie55g

kinda looks like mine in a way.. one side is a deep bed going down to about a inch or so of sand.. nice lookin tank btw

mikeyjer

I would actually glue them down with marine epoxy. With some fish and even some inverts will move a pretty nice sized piece of rock and will cause a huge crash. It's a suggestion from what I see in your picture on rock placement. Talking about marine epoxy, I need to get some myself... Having problem making my bubble coral stay in place because of the darn hermit....The Hermit stays even though he causes crashes of my corals...He does a GREAT job going to places where my other stuffs wouldn't go to clean....Especially by the Long Tentacle Plate Coral, NOTHING goes near by it except my fishes, they tested before hand and learned that it can't harm them and so did the two exotic hermits, my other small blue legs and scarlet won't go near by it. :happyfish

maeistero

it does look like a dangerous situation to me also. i'd avoid glue unless you want to have to deal with it later. marine epoxy is usually available at hd (better quality than low's and cheaper than fish stores) i'd personally just rearrange so it isn't so dangerous. you don't need to be so tall with little rocks.
imho.

colorteck

looks dangerous but it all leans to the back. It would take one hell of a fish to knock it to the front. I got some pretty clowns yesterday and have them in my QT tank. So far so good. They have lasted for over 24 hours and are looking good. I also got a Scooter blenny that is going to town eating.
When I got him he was really skinny but he looks better today after eating everything I have put in for him. I know scooters feed on pods right but he is eating shrimp as well. This is definetly my favorite fish and the kids just love watching him.
I can not wait until my 75 is all good to go to give him a bigger home.

maeistero

sounds good so far! i'd stay away from engineer gobies though. what i've learned from my tanks is to set it as if planning for anything in the future. i never planned on a lot of things, but they "struck my fancy" later and i regretted having to rearrange the rock/sand bed.

colorteck

I have a 10 gallon Fuge that I am using for the 75 so hopefully he will have enough food. he seems to like the shrimp I am feeding the clowns. Plus he is hitting the sand and then spitting it out so I think he has found some other items to eat. he has been spending most of the morning on this one rock eating something on it.