Rock

1journeyman

Chance,
You had 3 different threads all titled "rock" so I've merged them into one thread.
You'll generally find that you'll get better responses if you keep the same/similar posts all in one thread.

1journeyman

Fiji rock is typically the "standard" live rock. The export of live rock from Fiji is a major business operation.
When you set up your tank you can go with different kinds of rock. In fact, I believe that can really be beneficial as it adds a variety of critters into your tank. The shapes often vary as well, which makes aquascaping your tank easier.
I ordered rock from this site and was pleased.

1journeyman

Originally Posted by Chance
do you get to pick the shapes of the rock?
It's rock... to me part of the fun is having a lot of shapes and putting them together into something I like. In a small tank, like a nano, where you are only getting to use 1 or 2 small rocks shape can be important. When you start stacking it in a larger tank though you can work with the shapes you get.

fishy head

i was very pleased when i bought live rock from this site, they gave me 2 big peices and 7 small peices, but i only bought 25 pounds of it. My bicolor blenny loves it because there are lots of holes in the rock. also i have lots of little feater dusters on my rocks too.

taznut

$16/lbs??? wow!!! and i thought $5 was bad...
chance... i have a lot of fun at night after the light has been off for about an hour using a red lense flashlight to look at the worms in the rock...

66chuck

were did it cost 16lb
I paid $16 lb in Virginia for Tonga rock. There were some really nice pieces at the LFS. I was looking for some specific shapes and was willing to pay the price to get them. I wanted to mix different types of rock, so I mixed Tonga, Marshall and Fiji.
Buying bulk Fiji from Saltwaterfish.com is a great way to get some really nice rock at a super price. Even with processing and fuel fees, it cost half of what I paid at LFS.