rockwork layout photos here!

S

spike_501

hey doesnt how a marine reef looks depend on the rockwork layout? well lets see how you arranged your rocks, will be great to show newbies how it should be done!

V

vicegrip

I'm pretty happy with my rockwork so I show it off.
I have flat spots up high for SPSs, some big tall overhangs for less light and lots of nice size caves for fish, shrimp and my serpent star.

cam78

Looks cool. Thats a pretty interesting sand bed. What size and who makes the tank? Is it Perfecto?

V

vicegrip

Originally Posted by CAM78
Looks cool. Thats a pretty interesting sand bed. What size and who makes the tank? Is it Perfecto?
It's a 75 Gal. AGA. I bought it at a moving sale for 50% off.
Yeah , I have two koralia 4s and they really moved the sand. I think it looks neat.

Visegrip, Looks good, but are you not worried about stagnation and general poor water flow with the rock so close to the rear glass?

V

vicegrip

Originally Posted by TheReefKeeper
Visegrip, Looks good, but are you not worried about stagnation and general poor water flow with the rock so close to the rear glass?

It's pretty hollow in the back. I also have 30X+ GPH flow . So nope, no worries.

wangotango

ive gotten into pillars lately, right now i have three in my 55. there is a lot more flow and hardly any dead spots. heres an older pic.
-Justin

baclieu52

75 gal, 4 power heads , Magnum 350 canister filter, power 65 gal skimmer
pic#1 rear of the tank
pic#2 front
pic#3 left
pic#4 right
pic#5 hole tank set up
up grader almost 4 months

greenwolf52

Originally Posted by Baclieu52
75 gal, 4 power heads , Magnum 350 canister filter, power 65 gal skimmer
pic#1 rear of the tank
pic#2 front
pic#3 left
pic#4 right
pic#5 hole tank set up
up grader almost 4 months

threed240

Originally Posted by vicegrip
I'm pretty happy with my rockwork so I show it off.
I have flat spots up high for SPSs, some big tall overhangs for less light and lots of nice size caves for fish, shrimp and my serpent star.
The sand bed is nice! As well as the rock work!

maelv

But here is mine, and I do plan on re-doing the aquascaping....maybe buy some rock that provide more shelves so i can place things on...but about 190 lbs or so...pretty dense peices in there...

addicted2

Well, here is my 75 gal
..I definitely want to add corals and I am hoping I'll have some places to put them. I really like the aquascape this way and am hoping I can do something nice with it.

Ya know, I put all my rock work smack dab in the middle with at least 3 inch clearance from any glass..hope I didn't make a mistake by not putting it close to the back so it would give me more room out front

addicted2

Wow! all are very nice! Different looks and all look GREAT! ***)
Vicegrip..what kind of PH do you have there? I am looking for some new ones..those look nice?..do you like them?

earlybird

Any way for a sticky? I've been searching the archives like mad and this is constantly being reborn. I've opened thread after thread checking out aquascaping. It would be nice if everyone who lurks could post their picture to keep it up.
I have no rocks yet... soon

addicted2

Originally Posted by earlybird
Any way for a sticky? I've been searching the archives like mad and this is constantly being reborn. I've opened thread after thread checking out aquascaping. It would be nice if everyone who lurks could post their picture to keep it up.
I have no rocks yet... soon
Oh..wait til you shop for rock!!! ..I can honestly say I had as much time, effort, and FUN hand picking my rock as I do any livestock! Especially if you have alot to pick from! It's like a kid in a candy store!! :jumping: