Rolling on paint for background?

triggerfre

For all of you who have rolled on paint for your tank background, i have a few questions that i need help with.I am looking to paint on a blue background on my new 210 gallon tank.What brand or type of paint did you use and what type of sponge roller did you use.Also how did it turn out.Pictures if you have them of rolled on backgrounds

sigeia

Originally Posted by triggerfre
For all of you who have rolled on paint for your tank background, i have a few questions that i need help with.I am looking to paint on a blue background on my new 210 gallon tank.What brand or type of paint did you use and what type of sponge roller did you use.Also how did it turn out.Pictures if you have them of rolled on backgrounds
Spray cans of paint work good.......that is what I use.

28fishman

I used just a Gliddens latex semi gloss finish and a 3/8 nap roller, did 3 quick coats all within about a hour, looks great.

donald

I just used rustoleium in the quart can, cheap and fast, you do have to let it dry longer but it hasn't chipped or flaked. I used a cheap small "nap" roller, one of those 4 inch jobs. you will need two coats! I put one and I have to add another