Rose Anenome

beef2

This is my first thread ever so bear with me. I got a Rose Bubble tip anemone today and I have a few questions. In the middle were the mouth is bunches of whitish tentacle looking things are bulging out of the mouth. Also is it normal for them to droop at night while the lights are out. Any other advice for caring for this anemone would be great. Thanks a lot and I might try to post a picture of it tomorrow if it is still like that.

cprdnick

As far as the tenticles I have no idea. As for the drooping at night, it's a photosynthetic invert, during the day it will expand to give itself more surface area to catch more light. It does still have to be fed, but it's a partial photosyn.

mudplayerx

I really wish you would have researched anemones before buying one. Please read up on them!
It is quite normal for anemones to droop, deflate, turn dark, turn light, etc. They also move all over the tank when they want to.
The only time you need to be concerned is if your anemones starts to disintegrate.
BTW, what kind of lighting do you have. Anemones need very specific lighting.

speg

If you got it today.. just let it do its thing. It'll probably continue to move around for a week or more to find its sweet spot. You're going to have to continue to move coral around to keep them from touching (anemones move faster than you'd think!). They will deflate, look shriveled up, inflate, look beautiful etc. Let it move to where it likes to be, once it finds a spot that it stays in for a day or so and starts to inflate thats the key to give it some chopped up shrimp or squid etc (frozen, slightly warm water to thaw, chop up in decent sized chunks) Feed them like every 3-4 days. Once they find out that they are getting food at the spot that they are they'll likely want to stay there.. unless the light isnt hitting them hard enough.
Light is another issue, people will argue which is more important.. light or feeding.. just do both correctly and that way you dont have to get involved in that argument yourself ;)
Post your tank size and what kinda lights/wattage they're putting out.
They have a symbyotic (spelling!) algae that grows within them that... we'll say 'feeds' them in a different way than by mouth which is why light is important (algae likes zee light!). Buy some kent iron and that'll make that algae that much happier. Visit google and type in something like 'anemone care information' or something.. learn lots about these things.. cause im sure that puppy wasnt cheap and you dont wanna go blowing your money on something that died cause you just werent correctly informed =c(

salty cheese

If the anemone’s mouth is gaping and it’s insides are showing that is a bad sign.
How did you acclimate it?
How long has your tank been set up?
What are the specific water parameters?
What type of lighting do you have? i.e. watts, VHO/PC/MH?
Do you have sponge covers over the power heads?
Just trying to help. :happyfish

beef2

Thanks to everyone for alll the advice. It looked much better today and is doing great in the spot that it is now in. I do have sponges and I feed it today and it looks great. Thanks for all the advice.

iceemn360

My rose bubble also shrinks occasionally at night. I have it under pc lighting and feed every other to every two days. It seems to be dong great. it has found itself a nice little depression in the live rock exactly where I had imagined it would stay. hopefully it will be a while before it decides to move. how much did you pay for your rose bubble?