Rose Bulb Anemone Q!!

melissa1

I have a rose bulb anemone and i was just wondering how you can tell if an anemone dies??
Also how long does it usually take for a clown fish to take to the anemone?
:help:

farslayer

Usually an anemone will look like it is melting. If this happens, get him out, he's a goner. Otherwise, they do tend to shrink up pretty good on occassion. I'm not sure how long it will take for clowns to host, but I thought it was supposed to be pretty quick, like within a few days, but I'm no expert there.

melissa1

my rose bulb, long-tent. plate coral, and hammer corral produces this film, snot looking substance.....what is that?

shoreliner11

I think you are talking about mucus, which is different from the snot looking blob of a dead anemone. Mucus is used by many corals as a protection.

Yes, my leather produces a film once in a while, its natural to see this on some corals..... The pic below is the coral that does this... I think its a leather, I forget , have had it forever... I just fragged it into 3 pieces cuz I moved all the rock around and it had become (spread) attached to the tops of 3 rocks..
Hopefully it will be ok, I think it will...
Kim

Oh BTW.... in response to your clown question,
A clown may "host" any one of your corals. Mine is hosting in a torch..... he wasnt happy about the rehab of the tank.. but he'll get over it.. LOL
Give your clown time, he will find his way....
Kim

melissa1

this is what it looks like only in the morning though!!
I hav a tomato clown
lighting not sure my bf does all that

Melissa,
Doesn't look good...

Sorry!
If you want to keep anenomes your gonna have to get the right lighting. We have all done things like this, NO WORRIES!
Kim

melissa1

we have 165 watts of lighting working on getting more.
We have a 50/50 coralife aqua light and a actinic 40 watts