Ross Dress For Less

kowaleski

I have to ask- do you shop there- what are the conditions of the stores?
I have managed for them for the past 5 years now and have always had a "clean store" but have always seen stores in complete chaos- anyone else shop at any good condition stores?
just thought I would add this in we are one of the very few companies making sales and earning profits in this economy

jennythebugg

ok , i rarley go there. for this reason: the store always looks and feels dirty and the items are usually in disarray

socal57che

Originally Posted by kowaleski
http:///forum/post/2933200
I have to ask- do you shop there- what are the conditions of the stores?
I have managed for them for the past 5 years now and have always had a "clean store" but have always seen stores in complete chaos- anyone else shop at any good condition stores?
just thought I would add this in we are one of the very few companies making sales and earning profits in this economy
The one I visited was somewhat dirty. The aisles were clear, for the most part, but fixtures looked old and like they had been recycled from old stores that had closed. Floors could have used a good cleaning and tiles were in disrepair. There seemed to be no dress code for employees.
I had never been in one and didn't really know what to expect. I was not very impressed. Marshalls was nicer.
Is this the kind of feedback you were looking for?

nina&noah

Originally Posted by jennythebugg
http:///forum/post/2933224
ok , i rarley go there. for this reason: the store always looks and feels dirty and the items are usually in disarray
I don't shop there for this same reason. Also because one time when I was in one the manager was walking around telling people to be careful because there was a pickpocket in the store.

socal57che

The tidiness of a store can often be traced to the location of it's corporate HQ. Many chain restaurants are like this. The closer they are to HQ, the better they are.

aquaknight

Agreed with above, any of the ones I've been in have been really uninviting, mostly merchandise on the floor. With the popularity bloom of Kohl's, the "shop for less stores" Ross, TJ Maxx, and Marshalls, must be facing some tough times...

kowaleski

Originally Posted by AquaKnight
http:///forum/post/2933241
Agreed with above, any of the ones I've been in have been really uninviting, mostly merchandise on the floor. With the popularity bloom of Kohl's, the "shop for less stores" Ross, TJ Maxx, and Marshalls, must be facing some tough times...

actually no- kohls isn't doing at that great and TJX ( which owns Marshalls, TJ maxx, homegoods and a few others) are losing sales- I also used to work for Marshalls before Ross and the stores are managed very different within the stores they have more salaried managers
I figured in California they might be a little better being we are based out of there- I trained in the waterford lakes location which is in Orlando and it was a tidey store- I then worked in a West Palm beach location and it was a dump- we got it cleaned up a sales dropped- since then I have ran 2 stores for them and then moved to TN and my customers tell me its the best store and they drive over an hour just to shop at my loacation as well as stores associates that work far away-
we get extremely little payroll for our stores being there is little mark up on the product

nw2salt08

I don't shop there for the same reasons as Jenny and Nina... our store has clothes all over the floors and very poorly maintained. I believe that presentation is everything.

ruaround

never shoppin there again... stores ALWAYS look in shambles, no employees on the sales floor and POOR customer service...

Hey I love the Ross Dress for Less in Jackson! And I also drive an hour to get there! In fact when I saw your thread I had to check it out because I was just thinking at work tonite that my grandbaby's B-day is coming up and I always find the cutest things for her there. That store is always clean when I have been there and the salespeople have always been nice. See you Saturday!