rotating power heads

cprdnick

I'm with chipper, the suction cups suck if it has been stuck to the glass longer than a few weeks. If you can find anything other than zoo med go for it. I have a zoo med and it gets pretty noisy. You have to adjust the bushings for the impeller every now and then.

D

daniel411

Sweeping power heads aren't worth the trouble IMO.
I've never seen a fish store have one that was still sweeping after 5-6 weeks. The sweeping gears regularly jam up with algae, sand, etc. Unless you're willing to take it all apart/clean it, on a regular basis, skip on it.

kreach

Originally posted by Daniel411
Sweeping power heads aren't worth the trouble IMO.
I've never seen a fish store have one that was still sweeping after 5-6 weeks. The sweeping gears regularly jam up with algae, sand, etc. Unless you're willing to take it all apart/clean it, on a regular basis, skip on it.

Agreed. We put one in our tank and the gears jammed up within a couple weeks. It still works fine as a single direction powerhead, but it's not worth the extra money. You would be better off buying more than one regular powerhead, imo.

fshhub

fixed powerheads are by far best. the sweeping are not too awful good in the long run as mentioned.
if you want diversity and change(which is not a bd thing at all), get a wavemaker instead.

sandman12

i'll cover u for this one clavin, it doesnt matter if it jams up and brakes he will just buy a new one,lol.:p :D
I dont think it would be worth the trouble