rotation

spyke326

ok how often can a take a coral from one tank to another tank
bc my dad has halides and i dont so i want to put it the coral in his tank to grow then put it back in my tank so how often can i do this
thx

acrylic51

You can move them, but unsure what type of growth your expecting....the growth explosion won't happen overnight...How long are you talking?

acrylic51

Just leave them in his tank till you get the growth your happy with and move them back to your tank......They aren't like a dog, that can take the constant change per say, and your water parameters aren't going to be exactly the same as your dads' tank, so it might do more harm then good moving them back and forth a bunch of times.....

viper_930

IMO giving it metal halide lighting isn't going to do as much as feeding. Just feed it a couple times per week and it'll grow fast.
Moving corals to different tanks and different conditions would cause the corals to stop growing for a few weeks to acclimate to the new environment.

spyke326

ok well how do ii feed them and hammers. well i feed them green stuff (live marine phytoplankton) like 2 times a week

viper_930

They can't eat liquid phyto, it's way too small. They need to be fed solid meaty food like shrimp, squid, clam, etc. They should open up and extend their feeder tentacles at night. Just put the food on their tentacles and they'll pull it in.

spyke326

the only bad thing is like my light turn off kind of late so i go to bed and im not up to feed them so wat should i do

viper_930

When you add the phyto they might smell it in the water and extend their feeder tentacles. Do you notice it? You can try adding the phyto and feeding them once they open.
Another option would be to change your lighting schedule.