~Rowa Phos~

attml

There have been mixed reviews with RowaPhos. Many of the spectacular european tanks run RowaPhos with great success. A lot of people here in the states have begun to use it as well. Some people have had great success with it but some have had RTN & STN problems with their stoney corals due most likely to such a sudden drop in PO4. RowaPhos very aggressively removes phosphate and silicate and it makes the water crystal clear. I have used it some over the last month with good results so far but I use way less than recomended and only it a few hours a couple of days a week.

robchuck

I used ROWAphos with great results (I saw mild results with Phosban before switching to ROWA), except that a few montiporas browned out on me. I no longer use ROWA (just carbon now), but am going to try Phosban once again.

kpk

I'm asking the same question as zoe. Does the water, and media stay good like that? I don't want my sps turning brown etc., so could I put it on a timer like 6 hours a day or something? Or should I run it like yours, every couple days?
I just hooked my reactor up and I don't want any ill effects...
Thanks alot,
Kyle

russianspy

I would think if you started running it for an hour a week or 2 then adding an hour every week or so would slowly accumilate your corals...Would that work?

mr. tuna

On the instructions it says..
After stablizing your phosphates for them to be 0, you cann run the rowaphos 24/7, for 6 months.. then you should fill the net with new rowaphos. :notsure: