Royal Gramma changing colors

asquareman

I dont know what is going on with my Royal Gramma, it looks like the yellow back half is changing colors to the maroon color of the front. Please Help!

durabane

How long have you had it I know as they mature they will get darker in color and what are u feeding some foods have additives that will change color variations. have u upgraded or changed lighting that would give a different color apperence many different factors could all be the cause the only unhealthy sign I would look for is a paling or whitish color that would indicate stress.
my 2 cents
Durabane

asquareman

I did just upgrade my lights to pcs. What should I do to stop stress? It also looks like my yellow tang might be somewhat aggressive towards him though as well. He seems kinda timid

durabane

Mine hides most of the time but they are know to be fairly aggressive themselves especially to similarlly shape fish so I doubt your tang is bothering him that much normally they will just find a place to hide and call it home. Main thing to do is watch your water quality for stress most is cause my high specs instead of other fishes and if you dont have a place for him to hide think about buying him a little home or some live rock to hide in. Also if you made a big lighting change all at once u might try cutting back on the time u have the higher light and gradually work it back up to the length of time u want
my 2 cents