Royal Gramma (getting nipped)

S

sandy

Someone seems to be nipping at her tail. She sometimes rests and sleeps in a cave with her tail hanging out. Who do you think the culprit is: Purple Tang, Yellow-Tailed Damsels, Clowns (naaaa not my sweet clowns)... or the Hermit Crabs?
I'm testing my 20 gal daily and doing H20 changes until I can get my new 50 gal. matured. Right now I'm waiting for LS from SWF to arrive in the mail and trying to scare up $110 for the 25 more lbs of LR I need.

S

sandy

Yes, thank you. I found a good home for the tang (she is small) -- but talked my roommate into a 50 gal. tank instead. I test daily and my levels are zero. (In the 20 gal) (Well the ammonia sometimes goes to .25 and I do a 10% just about every day). Everyone has room to swim & nest... the only problem I have at the moment is the tail being nipped and waiting for my Nature's Ocean Sand to arrive for the new tank to begin maturing. Sandy.

partonks

She's probably not overstocked, but the tang is going to outgrow her system, just like yours. I'm assuming her signature is incorrect and all of this is in the 50G, not the 20G. If its in the 20, definitely overstocked. by the way, Sven, I'd get rid of both the Surgeonfish and Tang and get a Midas Blenny and Firefish.

S

sandy

Partonks - No all of these guys are in a 20 gallon. I'm working on a 50 gal. set up NOW, but it takes some time. My levels were all normal. I do quite a lot of work to be sure everyone has room and the H20 is good (in the 20 gal). Thanks All :)