royal gramma needs help...maybe?

heartben

hello. i orderd a few fish from here on swf.
one of the fish is a royal gramma. now, i am fairly new to saltwater fish in general so i dont know what it could be. my only guess is ich, but i dont think it really looks like ich...so, meh.
its just got a white spot on its head. i dont think it sticks out or anything, its just like.. it doesnt have color on that spot.
what do you think i should do? it hides in a cave most of the time so i MIGHT be able to get a picture tomorrow if the planets align perfectly. hah.
anyways, anyone have any suggestions?
thanks, everyone!
-ben

heartben

i hadnt noticed anyone replied. my gramma hides all day and its hard to get a good picture. my camera is out of batteries.
anyways. like i said it was a white spot. just one. hasnt spread or grown. it doesnt stick off the skin.
i got a better look today and now instead of a circle its just a little line. i could barely see it.
im thinking maybe it got scratched and now its healing? does that happen?
thanks guys. im going to try to get a decent picture up if people think its something else. but it looks like its either healing or going away very fast. its only about 1/4th or so of what it was like..2 days ago.

sepulatian

Originally Posted by heartben
i hadnt noticed anyone replied. my gramma hides all day and its hard to get a good picture. my camera is out of batteries.
anyways. like i said it was a white spot. just one. hasnt spread or grown. it doesnt stick off the skin.
i got a better look today and now instead of a circle its just a little line. i could barely see it.
im thinking maybe it got scratched and now its healing? does that happen?
thanks guys. im going to try to get a decent picture up if people think its something else. but it looks like its either healing or going away very fast. its only about 1/4th or so of what it was like..2 days ago.
Keep a close eye on it. If you see it disappear then reappear, or if the spot moves, please let us know. It could be nothing to worry about. Do you have a qt set up. Please set one up if you don't have one already!

heartben

sort of. i have a ten gallon tank set up with saltwater in it thats been running for a few weeks now. i was going to use it for a frag tank but havent had enough money to buy new bulbs for my extra fixture...
so, i suppose i do. but i think he is doing fine. i check it everytime i can.
thank you for the response

sepulatian

sort of. i have a ten gallon tank set up with saltwater in it thats been running for a few weeks now. i was going to use it for a frag tank but havent had enough money to buy new bulbs for my extra fixture...
so, i suppose i do. but i think he is doing fine. i check it everytime i can.
thank you for the response

Well, it won't hurt to drop some food in there and wait for an ammonia spike. If you do end up needing the tank for a qt, then it is there.

sepulatian

Originally Posted by forsale
you are right, it is just a scratch, escp for a gramma, that darts into rocks all of the time
So everything is okay? I hope that you have the qt set up and ready to go for your next purchase if all is well.......................

heartben

oh. i forgot to update again.
the RG died. it wouldnt eat....
the scratch healed up though?...heh.
i guess its in the ocean upstairs now.

sepulatian

oh. i forgot to update again.
the RG died. it wouldnt eat....
the scratch healed up though?...heh.
i guess its in the ocean upstairs now.
I am so sorry.