Royal Gramma Owners Question?

gmidd

What do you feed your Royal Gramma and are they bottom feeders?
I had my Gramma in the QT and she mainly picked the pellets from the bottom. Yesterday I transfered her to the DT and she really hasn't come out to feed. I understand that being in a new invironment she may not come out for a bit.
Just wanted to get an idea of their feeding habits from other owners.

anubisxero

Originally Posted by Gmidd
What do you feed your Royal Gramma and are they bottom feeders?
I had my Gramma in the QT and she mainly picked the pellets from the bottom. Yesterday I transfered her to the DT and she really hasn't come out to feed. I understand that being in a new invironment she may not come out for a bit.
Just wanted to get an idea of their feeding habits from other owners.
When I first added my gramma. She was a recluse and rarely came out from her little cave. I had a damsel which i've since gotten rid of that picked on her so she hid alot, I then got rid of the damsel and she comes out all the time now. She hangs out with my Mated clowns and readily accepts pellets and will grab them as soon as the hit the water. It just matters how comfortbale they are and how boisterous their tank is. While she's not eating she hangs out under caves and overhangs and sometimes right out in the open clinging to a rock. :)

baloo6969

there strange some times man...when i got mine i put her in a QT for 3 weeks...she only ate flakes. then i put her in the DT, and only ate pellets...then disappeard for a month, never showed its face. then poped out one day. Then last week she'd been missing for 2 weeks, then i broke my tank down, cleaned every rock, then 2 days later...HERE I AM!
they liked brine shrimp too..

N

nereef

mine seems to hang in its cave for most of the day. during feeding, it will slowly make its way out, then dart for food, then dart back into the cave.

cowfishrule

my gramma has his own little hole next to my frogspawn that he sleeps in at nite. when the act's kick on, he comes out, and is front and center until the moonlights kick on at nite. he'll eat anything i throw into the tank.

trainfever

My Royal Gramma eats anything I put in the tank, flake, frozen, pellets,live black worms. It was never really shy though either. When I put it in the tank, it swam all around as if to investigate its new surroundings.

dawman

Mine will eat anything . Usually is swimming about but sometimes will stay in the rockwork for days .

monalisa

Royal grammas, well most of them, will find a hiding spot in a new tank. It'll probaly be out and about and eating (pretty much everything) in a day or two.
Lisa :happyfish

flpriest

Originally Posted by trainfever
My Royal Gramma eats anything I put in the tank, flake, frozen, pellets,live black worms. It was never really shy though either. When I put it in the tank, it swam all around as if to investigate its new surroundings.

Mine is exacltly like trainfever's. He eats anything and when the food touches the surface he hits it like a large mouth bass! :happyfish

1knight164

Mine is pretty bold and stays out in the open for the most part. It eats anything I put into the tank and I have never seen it eat from the bottom. The coolest thing is watching it swim upside down exploring the rocks.

P

pokey

My one in my largest tank swims around all day long hanging out with the other fish. He found one specific hole in a large piece of LR and that's were he sleeps at night. He eats everything!
I have another in a large tank who doesn't swim around as much but eats everything as well. I have one more in a QT that basically stays inside the same LR. He was previously harassed by a Tang so he really doesn't come out much at all except to eat.