Royal Gramma

splashed

Hey guys, I got a RG about 2 weeks ago. And I didn't QT him. I got him (impulse buy) $6.00 I couldn't resist. Well, hes a jumper, he jumped out of his bucket I was acclimating him in, he was out for probably 25 sec. I scouped him up and he seemed to go into shock for a while then he seemed ok, tried to escape a couple more times, when he got into the tank, he hid a lot (I actually thought he was dead - and I found him deep in a rock) anyways, now he is out all the time, playing with my clown, but I am noticing that on his belly, on the left side, under his bottom fin, is loosing color, is this stress or is he sick, or does this have to do with his escaping. It isn't specs like ick - just no color.
Thanks.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
He likely took some injury when he jumped. The best thing to have done would have been to QT and add stress coat to the water, allowing the fish to heal up. At this point, just wait and see.

splashed

Beth,
Should I add some stress coat now? I added a small amount when I added him, but that was a couple weeks ago.
I did a 4g water change today also (if that helps)

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Is it just a lump with no broken skin? Try using garlic soaked food. Garlic is a good immune booster and it also has a mild natural antibiotic quality. Use real crushed garlic to soak the food. Is your tank FO?