Royal Gramma

crypt keeper

I picked one up and put him in my nano. All it has done is hide. Its been a few days like 4. It does come out to eat though. Ihave him and my bi color in there. The bi color is all over the place.
any thoughts?

florida joe

Originally Posted by crypt keeper
http:///forum/post/2984129
I picked one up and put him in my nano. All it has done is hide. Its been a few days like 4. It does come out to eat though. Ihave him and my bi color in there. The bi color is all over the place.
any thoughts?
your royal gramma is being a royal gramma

exactly , mine is very timid even with my horses , but does " school" with my saltwater mollies....give it time , it'll come out of hiding when it feels comfy

don trinko

mine is out all the time. If the bicolor is similar in color and was in the tank first it probably is chasing the gramma at times.
Most salt water fish are teritorial and anything of a similar color is competition for teritory. Don T.

kevin mcrae

I never saw mine for a few days in my ten gallon nano when I first got him. After a week and a half of being shy poking in and out of the rocks he is almost always out now. Not shy about eating either!

Originally Posted by DrTITO
http:///forum/post/2984441
I like the decorations you added to the tank, where did you get them and for how much??
They were actually inexpensive....background from the bay....55g standard-17. and change...2 roman ruin / greek theme statutes [ ***** , 1-5.99 , the other 10.99] live rock , macroalgae.....pricelesss.....
sorry , always wanted to do that....live rock ,bout 100 bucks , macros can be found at my favorite online place .....Live-plants.com.... very cheap ,fast shipping , and where I get all my coduim for my horse tanks, not to mention reds , caulerpa, browns etc....awesome !!!!

culp

i cant ever keep royal gramma's alive in my tank. i have had 7 of them since June and none of them lived longer than a month.

i hope you can do better.

steve2121

mine took a good two weeks to come out now hes all over the place.
I put a flasher wrasse in there 2 1/2 weeks ago and that f'er still only shows me his eyeball from underneath the rock. hasnt been out once.

dreamweaver

My Royal Gramma hid for a short duration of time... but now those beautiful colors are seen most of the time and he swims with the big boys! (Again, sorry for the bad pics - I love pictures, just not good at taking them! Guess that should stop me from taking them - but it doesn't!)