rubbermaid fugie?

nemo lover

Hey I was just wondering has anyone bult a rubbermaid fugie?
I'm trying to build a inexpensive fugie and I dont Know if it would be better to use a tank, rubbermaid or build one. Any great ideas.

razoreqx

Originally posted by nemo lover
Hey I was just wondering has anyone bult a rubbermaid fugie?
I'm trying to build a inexpensive fugie and I dont Know if it would be better to use a tank, rubbermaid or build one. Any great ideas.

Long as you have a light on it.. It doesnt matter what the container is. I have a 400g rubbermaid in the bacement that all my tanks drain too... and I have a tank setup as a "display" fuge upstairs..

nemo lover

hey razor do you think it would be easier to build on to my sump, or just x the sump and build a fugie. ohh and do you have any plans or know of any sites that show good diagram on how a rubber maid fugie should be built. I just would like to have as much knowledge and resources and a good plan before I try to build one. My tank is 55 gallon and I have had it runnig for 3 1/2 yrs. I first started it as an aggressive tank with trigger, tangs, lionfish, and grouper. And of course all of these fish out grew this tank very fast. I sold them back to my lfs and got store credit. After about a year Now I have a beggining of a reef tank with about 100 lbs (maybe a Little less) of LR from figi and florida with a little base rock. I have two different kinds of mushrooms three different kinds of zoos/buttons and my lonely maroone clown and seabaine. everything is healthy and thriving I really would like to get more corals. but I would like to have a fugie first. thank you for any info you have.

nemo lover

Ohh yeah P.S. I love your amusement park you guys have up there in ohio Cedar Point took the kids and husband up there last summer had a blast.

striper

Hey razor QX what size pump do you use from your fuge to your display I'm setting a 20 gal fuge in my basement and going up about 10'

razoreqx

Originally posted by krowleey
a 400 gallon rubbermaid? WOW i didnt know they made them that big heh

Yea its more like a hottub or small swimming pool.. lol
Keeps the bacement nice a moist!
NemoLover thats really a personal choice for you to make .. A sump and refugium have entirely different functions..
Stiper i have 3 mag 7's that push to 4 tanks.. 240g, 120g, 75g, 90gg and I use ball valves to control the rate of flow to each tank.

nemo lover

ohh sorry typo I didn't explain well enough what I ment by x the sump. what I meant is x the original sump and build a new bigger sump with a fugie together.