Rude People !!!!!!!!! Rant!!!!!

connor

i am so tired of rude people

being 13 i get stuff like this alot
im in starbucks and im in line and this guy just walks right in front of me. i say HEY what are you doing i was there. he says oh im late for a meeting. so i say i dont think so im also late to meet my friends. so he refuses to move so when he is ordering i say to the lady makin the drinks i was there this jerk just cut me and then she said oh i cant help you
i was SOOOOOOOO PISSED

i went and tried out a new fish store and you had to wait by the door to get helped. so i was there along with a few other people and the owner just skipped right over me i said to him i was next and i was going to buy that huge blasto colony(not really it was 299.00 i just said that so he would help me next. he ran over to me and was like ok and what else and i told him i will also take that maxima clam and acropora. he bagged everything up and then i told him actually im goin to take my buisines some where else. he shot me this look and was sooo pissed.
does every one else run into rude people like this all the time or is it just me

ray28576

Originally Posted by connor
i am so tired of rude people

being 13 i get stuff like this alot
im in starbucks and im in line and this guy just walks right in front of me. i say HEY what are you doing i was there. he says oh im late for a meeting. so i say i dont think so im also late to meet my friends. so he refuses to move so when he is ordering i say to the lady makin the drinks i was there this jerk just cut me and then she said oh i cant help you
i was SOOOOOOOO PISSED

i went and tried out a new fish store and you had to wait by the door to get helped. so i was there along with a few other people and the owner just skipped right over me i said to him i was next and i was going to buy that huge blasto colony(not really it was 299.00 i just said that so he would help me next. he ran over to me and was like ok and what else and i told him i will also take that maxima clam and acropora. he bagged everything up and then i told him actually im goin to take my buisines some where else. he shot me this look and was sooo pissed.
does every one else run into rude people like this all the time or is it just me

You will find rude people through out life. Its just how it is. You will learn to just overlook them and not let them bring you down. Now, what you did to the LFS wasn't right, that only stressed the animals. He will still sale them to someone some time so he didn't lose anything from what you done. What you should have done was just let him know what you think of his business and tell him you won't be back. Trust me, those people like that will get theres sometime, What goes around comes around. Just don't let them get you so angry. When things like that happen just laugh at them,that will really get under their skin when they see your more mature then they are.

ruaround

Ray made very valid points!!! over looked was: what is a 13 year old doing in a Star Bucks??? you are already hyper and should have enough energy to make it through the day...
being angry is a feeling of being left out... and you truely did do the wrong thing by letting "the owner of the LFS" bag up the livestock you wanted just to shun him cuz you felt left out... you were just as rude and perhaps karma is shedding some light...
2 wrongs dont make a right (my favorite come back is: two wrights made an airplane so lets fly it") so dont be rude yourself...
rude is as rude does...
be kind and rewind!!!

fishykel

im almost 15, and it happend to me in my lfs. it wasnt until i was making large purchases that they actually tried to help me. It happens to everybody!

molamola

i am so tired of rude people...being 13 i get stuff like this alot
I don't think it has anything to do with being 13, as I'm 26 and that kind of stuff happens to me too. It's no fun, but it happens to us all. You are 13, and often times, especially in retail environments, people will associate you with the nearest adult, thinking that they are your parent. It's an easy mistake to make and I'm guilty of having done the same thing. All that's required is a bit of polite clarification, and I suspect you'll get your service. I think the person that was being rude was the guy in line behind you, as he should have spoken up about it. Just wait till you start driving. People cut in line ALL THE TIME on the road. Get ready for it :scared:

carini

ive learned in life that money talks loudest of all. So do us all a favor and do well in school and make alot of money!!
There will always be people that think they are better than everyone else and it shows in their attitude towards others. I just do my best to be a good person even if someone is extremely rude. I beleive in karma. what goes around comes around.
Thats just life , shrug it off and be on your way. dont let others poor attitudes bring ya down!!! It will just makes you respond with the same bitterness. And yes, when you start to drive, you will encounter alot of self centered down right rude people.

connor

Originally Posted by Carini
ive learned in life that money talks loudest of all. So do us all a favor and do well in school and make alot of money!!
well im doin well in school got all a's

ophiura

Originally Posted by connor
ii went and tried out a new fish store and you had to wait by the door to get helped. so i was there along with a few other people and the owner just skipped right over me i said to him i was next and i was going to buy that huge blasto colony(not really it was 299.00 i just said that so he would help me next. he ran over to me and was like ok and what else and i told him i will also take that maxima clam and acropora. he bagged everything up and then i told him actually im goin to take my buisines some where else. he shot me this look and was sooo pissed.
Man, this just wasn't right....
So basically what you demonstrated to the owner was that, indeed, kids like you shouldn't be asked if they needed help. You proved a misconception, and so some kid down the road who is legitimately looking to buy something will be overlooked.
Now, I wouldn't have bagged a $300 coral for a 13 year old until I spoke to your parents, case closed. Why he did that, I don't know.
IMO, deal with it. We all did. Experiencing this is part of growing up. Learn how to treat people. In the past, it was the norm. We didn't have huge amounts of money to spend. We were kids, and we were TREATED like kids. And we were meant to be respectful of adults, case closed. Times are changing a bit, but by societal norms you are still a kid at 13. And frankly, I hate to say it, but IMO you acted like one (and stressed out a bunch of animals as well...maybe because of this and the time you wasted for the business....it was pure and simple selfishness, IMO).

If I were the owner of that store, you would not be welcome as a customer again. If you want to be treated like an adult, you should also pay the price, IMO.
People are often rude, plain and simple. Part of being an adult, IMO, is learning to just smile and deal with it. In the end, it doesn't make all that much difference if someone cuts you off in line at Starbucks. If this is a concern of yours at 13
, man, you are growing up way too fast.

dragonzim

Originally Posted by ophiura
So basically what you demonstrated to the owner was that, indeed, kids like you shouldn't be asked if they needed help. You proved a misconception, and so some kid down the road who is legitimately looking to buy something will be overlooked.
Now, I wouldn't have bagged a $300 coral for a 13 year old until I spoke to your parents, case closed. Why he did that, I don't know.
IMO, deal with it. We all did. Experiencing this is part of growing up. Learn how to treat people. In the past, it was the norm. We didn't have huge amounts of money to spend. We were kids, and we were TREATED like kids. And we were meant to be respectful of adults, case closed. Times are changing a bit, but by societal norms you are still a kid at 13. And frankly, I hate to say it, but IMO you acted like one (and stressed out a bunch of animals as well...maybe because of this and the time you wasted for the business....it was pure and simple selfishness, IMO).
If I were the owner of that store, you would not be welcome as a customer again. If you want to be treated like an adult, you should also pay the price, IMO.
People are often rude, plain and simple. Part of being an adult, IMO, is learning to just smile and deal with it. In the end, it doesn't make all that much difference if someone cuts you off in line at Starbucks. If this is a concern of yours at 13
I couldnt agree more!!!

lion_crazz

Originally Posted by ophiura
Wow, very well said Ophiura. You summed up all of my thoughts on the situation.

K

kimc

I'm 46yrs old and rude people still cut in front of me too!! One time I was going out to eat.. well, another couple was headed into the restaurant and cut in front of me and my husband. Anyways, we were seated in the restaurant and could see the other couple. We had ordered our food and was almost done eating before they got their food!!!
What comes around goes around!!! that I believe!!! Just hang in there and keep sticking up for yourself!!!

team2jndd

I agree with all of the opinions stated but I also want everyone to realize that the events stated are just as likely to be what he would have liked to have done as opposed to what really happened. And I disagree that age plays no role in the way people treat you. I dont remember who said it but somebody posted that its all about money and thats really what it comes down to. As a business man (not saying its the right thing morally) but as a business man it makes more sense to pay more attention to the people who are responsible for paying your bills over the ones who are more likely to spend all day looking at your inventory. As for the assosciates at starbucks, there is no excuse I can even attempt to find them. What that comes down to is being a coward. The assosciate was most likely afraid to offend the rude older customer by first helping the 13 year old. My advice to you is to let it pass you by. There is no way to beat it. The best thing you can do is hold a firm confidence and not let anything get to you. Eventually you will be the adult who feels that his needs are superior to the little kid in front of him. Call it a right of passage if you will. Another bit of advice; you are thirteen there is no excuse for you to be spending $6 on a small coffee. Go buy a soda and save the extra money. Maybe next time with the saved money you'll actually be able to buy the things you want at the LFS.

chipmaker

Originally Posted by kimC
I'm 46yrs old and rude people still cut in front of me too!! One time I was going out to eat.. well, another couple was headed into the restaurant and cut in front of me and my husband. Anyways, we were seated in the restaurant and could see the other couple. We had ordered our food and was almost done eating before they got their food!!!
What comes around goes around!!! that I believe!!! Just hang in there and keep sticking up for yourself!!!

You got your food faster because the staff collected up leftovers from previous diners, and nuked it all in the microwave......
while the other peole were still waitng for the chef to finish cooking theirs.
Sorry couldn't resist.
On a side note. there used to be a restaurant near here that had fabulous bread pudding. That was until one day I happened to see n side the kitchen and they had collected all left over breads and such evenif it was eaten on, and turning it into what I assume was bread pudding. As good as their bread pudding was it was the last I ate any in that place. I made it a point to order only what one could really see was "new" untouched type foods.

fogger

Coffee or soda whats the difference? They both have caffiene. And he never said he was getting coffee anyway, I agree with what he did. People will walk all over you unless you let them hear you speak out.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
It sounds like some of that was just because you are under-age. If you were a football husky type of kid, you would have likely gotten more attention.
Even so, as a single woman, I can add some complaints along the same line. If I decide to go to lunch by myself, I am led to the smallest table hidden in the back of the restaurant next to the kitchen. Its up to me, to tell the server, I prefer another table. If I go into a "man type" store, such as an auto store, then I will be the last one waited on. The exception to this would be if I was dressed up looking pretty good, then I will be the first one waited on every 10 seconds.

At the LFS the salesperson will act like they are giving me an encyclopedia of info all for free, until I point out all of the diseases I notice on the fish they are trying to sell.

I have had people try to cut in front of me in the deli line at the grocery store....just have to bang it out with them. The min. wage guy behind the counter isn't going to duke it out for you!

Welcome to the real world conner.

ophiura

See, and this is now a philosophical discussion I don't think his response is how you handle this. I don't think being rude back is what you do. Doesn't get anywhere.
Saying, "excuse me, I was in line for a latte" may have at least earned a bit more respect. Saying "I'm late to meet my friends and this jerk cut in front" to the salesperson? I mean, really, I don't think I've said something like that since the lunch line (and I don't mean at work), with all due respect. I think that again proves a misconception the guy in line had about kids. Next time, be polite and point it out...that blows the misconception (that you're just some kid) away!
But here's the thing. People cut in front of me now and then. No big deal. Why get yourself aggravated over something like that? I mean, do you listen to the news? Is getting worked up because you were bumped in line at the Starbucks
worth an altercation? I thank the Lord I'm safe and can go to a Starbucks (mmmm, venti iced chai latte please!!). Pick your battles. Do people walk all over me? No, actually, can't say they do. :notsure:
IMO, if you want the respect, give the respect.
But I'm old fashioned, I know it

team2jndd

well first of all i wasnt saying he shouldnt get coffee because of cafeine im saying hes wasting his money. And ophiura although i believe the way in which he went about the situation might have been harsh I do honestly feel that in such a situation some action must be taken. The easiest way is with politeness because most of the time the person will feel dumb being rude to somebody who is trying to be nice. It is alot easier to be rude to somebody who is returning the attitude. And to say that because we have the freedom to drink starbucks we shouldnt value our other freedoms that arent as important also doesnt seem right to me. I have two brothers who have both spent two years in Iraq. My oldest brother leaves again in august to do what we all hope to be his final term. I know for sure if somebody had cut him in line he would have stood his ground as would most people. The bottom line is that nobody likes to wait in line. The only reasurance you have while waiting in that line is that you have your spot. For every person who finishes on the line, you are that much closer. When somebody simply walks in front of you because they feel their needs outweigh yours, it isnt the importance of getting your latte 2 minutes faster that should bother you. What should bother you is somebody was able to look at you and decide that you didnt deserve the respect and time that everyone else deserves. The only thing that would bother me more than that would be to watch somebody allow it to happen. Connor to you I say this; always respect your elders. Although often times you will know they are wrong they have experienced far more than you have and you have to respect their knowledge. However, I do not feel that their older age should grant them any other superiority. Respect is something that I feel must be earned. If somebody is incapable of showing you the respect you feel you deserve I see no need in respecting them. Keep in mind there is a HUGE difference between not respecting somebody and being disrespectful. What you did in both situations was disrespectful.

connor

you guys are right i coulda and shoulda(lol) handeled both situations alot differently i was haveing a stressful day and was pissed off to begin with.

connor

Call it a right of passage if you will. Another bit of advice; you are thirteen there is no excuse for you to be spending $6 on a small coffee. Go buy a soda and save the extra money. Maybe next time with the saved money you'll actually be able to buy the things you want at the LFS.
i beg to differ ( i love sayin that
)my excuse is that its good and i can still buy all i want on my tank, lacoste shoes, and abercrombie and fitch jeans
i baby sit for 4 different people and get like 40-60$$ every time
me hapily drinking my iced venti extra carmel extra ice quad carmel macciatto