Rude People !!!!!!!!! Rant!!!!!

team2jndd

HA no wonder they skipped you. Id skip you too if you tried ordering that. What ever happened to "hey id like a cup of coffee." If you were feeling adventerous you might splurge and go for some sugar and/or creme.

tangman99

Conner,
If I remember right, you used to live in Boca Raton. You should be immune to rude people if you lived there long enough. Almost everyone there is ME ME ME.
I have to agree and say welcome to the real world. If you let everyone that is rude to you get to you, you are going to be one miserable person your whole life. I used to be that way and believe me, it's not worth letting your blood pressure get high. My favorite line used to be "Were you born an A-hole or did you have to work at it?" It takes a little more to get me started these days.
Chill out and I hope you did not do that to the LFS that I mentioned to you in a previous post because they are real good guys.

connor

Originally Posted by TangMan99
Conner,
If I remember right, you used to live in Boca Raton. You should be immune to rude people if you lived there long enough. Almost everyone there is ME ME ME.
I have to agree and say welcome to the real world. If you let everyone that is rude to you get to you, you are going to be one miserable person your whole life. I used to be that way and believe me, it's not worth letting your blood pressure get high. My favorite line used to be "Were you born an A-hole or did you have to work at it?" It takes a little more to get me started these days.
Chill out and I hope you did not do that to the LFS that I mentioned to you in a previous post because they are real good guys.
no i was in daytona. also yeah i think livin in boca turned my into a

[hr]
i have been in boca for 4 years and now in st. aug i was just in a complaining mood and had a bad day. i dont even care anymore

poniegirl

I'm afraid our young friend just made absolutely sure that no youngster will get helped in either the coffee shop or the fish store. Also considering the stress that the bagged, 300$ merchandise might have been subject to..it's a shame in my book, too.

poniegirl

Originally Posted by connor
no i was in daytona. also yeah i think livin in boca turned my into a

[hr]
i have been in boca for 4 years and now in st. aug i was just in a complaining mood and had a bad day. i dont even care anymore

Chin up and don't stop caring.

connor

Originally Posted by PonieGirl
I'm afraid our young friend just made absolutely sure that no youngster will get helped in either the coffee shop or the fish store. Also considering the stress that the bagged, 300$ merchandise might have been subject to..it's a shame in my book, too.
actually your wrong
the emploees at my local starbucks and lfs's know me and always help me but i was in daytone where they dont know me

ray28576

Call it a right of passage if you will. Another bit of advice; you are thirteen there is no excuse for you to be spending $6 on a small coffee. Go buy a soda and save the extra money. Maybe next time with the saved money you'll actually be able to buy the things you want at the LFS.
i beg to differ ( i love sayin that
)my excuse is that its good and i can still buy all i want on my tank, lacoste shoes, and abercrombie and fitch jeans
i baby sit for 4 different people and get like 40-60$$ every time
me hapily drinking my iced venti extra carmel extra ice quad carmel macciatto

When I was 13, I could have cared less about any of those things. If you would have mentioned that drink to me, I'd have thought you were talking about somethin from Star Wars or somethin. LOL. Anyways, my point is that kids are trying way to hard to grow up to fast. Bit of advice, don't brag about the brands you wear.

ophiura

Originally Posted by Ray28576
When I was 13, I could have cared less about any of those things. If you would have mentioned that drink to me, I'd have thought you were talking about somethin from Star Wars or somethin. LOL. Anyways, my point is that kids are trying way to hard to grow up to fast. Bit of advice, don't brag about the brands you wear.

Totally right!!

connor

Originally Posted by Ray28576
i wasnt brging someone said that if i didnt buy starbucks i could aford stuff in the lfs and i can anyways my point was i have enough money sio i ont have to worry about it.

emperor11

beacouse why should i support his shop if he cant help me when it was my turn.
That's a very selfish way to look at things, IMO. They're LIVING critters!! I understand the LFS workers were not being cooperative, but are they ever?
I think it was taken to the extreme, and it was very rude of you to make him to that, and leave. Personally, however, I'd be a little surprised to see a 13 year old wanting to buy a $300 coral, if I were in the shoes of an employee at the LFS. JMO
~Adam :happyfish

ophiura

beacouse why should i support his shop if he cant help me when it was my turn.

Then walk out. What you did to those ANIMALS was extremely selfish, and this is what demonstrates that in the end, you are still very young. That may seem harsh, but what you did in return was BOTH rude and irresponsible, IMO. I hope you are not welcome back in that store. As mentioned, if you want to be treated like an adult, then you need to take the good with the bad. Treat others as you expect to be treated, regardless of your age. And sometimes, as you may learn if you work in retail, people just make mistakes....honest mistakes. You're pretty judgemental for your age

Those animals were not a venti extra carmel extra ice quad carmel macciatto (BTW, extra ice??? :scared: Their iced drinks are already a rip off, which I know full well as I am addicted to venti iced chai lattes).

molamola

actually your wrong
the emploees at my local starbucks and lfs's know me and always help me but i was in daytone where they dont know me

Where were your parents during all of this? Do they accompany you to these places, or do you take public transportation? Repaying a person's rude act with additional rudeness is never the right way to go, imho. You may feel better for it, and you might think you have proved some sort of a point, but everyone waiting in line behind you had to suffer for it. All the time it took for that man to cater to you was wasted and he could have been helping people that actually intended to buy something. You may think you're teaching one man a lesson, but you're mostly just annoying a bunch of innocent bystanders.
It would have been so much simpler to point out that you were there first, and let the man appologize for an honest mistake. As I said before. People cut in line all the time. It happens to me plenty. But I'm quiet, and sometimes they just don't see me there. Other times they're just plain rude, but I've never thought to blame a cashier, or a sales associate for another person's attitude. Actually, I've been cut in front of at my favorite coffee place, and the cashier noticed, continued to help the cutter, and then appologized to me and charged me for a small, but gave me a large and a free cookie. That was pretty great, except that I was bouncing off the walls for the remainder of the day :joy:
I'm not trying to be critical, but when an adult overlooked me when I was a kid, or treated me unfairly, I never thought to talk back or become unpleasant myself. I just made a mental note that when I grew up, I'd do my best to not behave like that towards people that were younger than me.

S

sea_star

I agree with Ophiura, that was pretty selfish. You aren't making things better by trying to out-jerk the other person. It makes it hard for other teens to be respected. And that's really all a lot of us want anyway, right?

O

oreo12

Hey I am 42 and today I was in an rv parts store I had maybe $50 worth of parts in my hand and was looking for one more $2 part and I went to the sales man who walked right by me to ask this couple looking at a high doler waser dryer for an rv to help them first. Must have wanted the big sale any way I just laughted it off expecaly when they told him they had one in there rig but had no instructions and was just wanting to look at or get a copy of the instructions. They spent not one cent If I was not so easy going or if someone would not have riped the vent off the top my winabgo I would have left. and they would have lost the one cash sale they got. So it dose not mater How old you are sales men will go where they think the biger sale is most likely at. I had a friend that was verry well off he went into the chevy dealer ship in dirty clothes looking to buy 4 new trucks for his bus. no one bothered to help him. So he went agross the street to a doge dealer and paid cash for his new trucks then went back to the chevy dealership and showed them what they lost out on. I thought that was funny as all can be.

bronco300

i wanted to say this a long time ago when i first saw this thread but i thought id keep my mouth shut,lol......the lfs could have just made a very honest mistake by assuming you were with one of the adults there....i mean you are 13...some people don't expect such youngins to be in this hobby on their own...but most lfs that i know that make you wait for assitance or signa paper so someone can get to you asap means that the store is busy and wants to help as many people as they can in a timely manner...my old lfs i went to before i moved made everyone sign a paper if you wanted help..then one by one theyd get through the list to make sure veryone got helped....so i'm sure everyone behind you was very happy to see you make them wait longer as well...as well as the person to have to put everything back...as well as stressing the animals...as well as showing kids can be brats....this of course has all been mentioned mostly, i just wanted to add my thoughts as well...points can be well made without doing things so harshly...everyone gets skipped here and there...either say excuse me you were there or just take it and go on about your life...you won't die from being skipped
anywyas, its over wth and done, and hopefully next time when something like this happens you will respond better.....and stop that starbucks, goodnight they are a waste! i'm sure there is plenty of things out there you can enjoy without spend 5$ on a SINGLE drink....that pays for my meal
....insane,lol

ray28576

One more thing. What are you doing going to these places by yourself? IMO, that is to young for a kid to be going places by theirself.

teresaq

I agree with Ray. I have a 11 yr old son, and he dose not go any place with out me or his father. In this day and age its just not worth the chance.