Rudest thing an lfs employee has ever said to you part 2

boalgf

This is a lighthearted thread about the silly things LFS employees say. If you don't see the point in it or are sensitive to LFS rights, do as is suggested keep it in the "Pro LFS" thread. Stop clogging this one up nitpicking the stories of others.
Me: Do you guys sell Calcium and Alkalinity tests?
LFS Employee: We have some here. (Pulls out some brand I've never heard of)
Me: I'm actually looking for a Salifert test kit.
LFS Employee: No we don't have those, besides nobody tests for calcium and alkalinity, it doesn't really affect anything.
Me: Why do you guys bother getting Moorish Idols?
LFS Employee: People like them, they sell well.
Me: It sucks that they are just going to die.
LFS Employee: No, they do great if your tank is really clean.
LFS Employee: Boxfish aren't poisonous.
LFS Employee: Clown triggers won't hurt your fish if you buy them young.
LFS Employee: Sharks grow to the size of their tanks.

rslinger

Ha ha ha OK the funny one.
Me:can i buy this Niger trigger?
LFS: sure but i must tell you it is poisonous.
the angery one.
Me on the phone: do you have any stars and stipe puffers?
LFS: Sure do it is around 2 in. and 29.99
Me at the LFS: Hi i am here for the stars and stripe i called about.
LFS: sure let me go get that for you.
I follow him back to the tank were he is bagging it up. I see a sticker 24.99 stars and stripes. Think ok maybe i heard him wrong. Walk up front. Rings it up.
LFS: ok so 39.99
ME: what, to start with you told me 29.99 on the phone and the sticker on the tank says 24.99.
LFS: OH that was for a smaller one.
Me:you had one smaller than 2 in?
LFS: Yes we did but i will give you the filter socks for free.
Still lying to me. can't even admit his mistake i never went back. I really felt like he was trying to screw me.

larryndana

Originally Posted by crt81
Again it wasn't the questions about the size of the tank that got to me- it was the way he was asking me over and over, even after I told him the size!
He never even asked what was in it, and he didn't give me the chance to tell him!
I would have loved to have told him what was in the tank!
He even made the comment to me, about looking at the tanks in the front of the store and picking out one of those and that I should just throw out that aquapod thing! He even told some of his regulars about my tank "those aquapod things"- as he called it, and began joking about it and started to laugh!
I'm sorry if I sound like I am in the wrong but the LFS guy was completely rude and out of line!
there may have been more going on here. you never know what someone is thinking, something either you or the lfs said could have triggered bad vibes....throwing the whole conversation the wrong way. i've been in those situations....i walk away thinking, what just happened?
i'm curious now which store this was....oh well.