rust/red shrooms to trade

johnny1971

after starting with less than a dozen, my tank has become a litteral breeding ground for these suckers. I've got well over 200 of them. Many are down on the sand or on the glass so they can be removed easily. If you'ld like to trade for 5 or even 50, great. I'd like to get rid of as many as possible. I dont know why but they are doing unbelievable in this reef.
if you'ld like to trade for some, you can email me at johnny@southernsolutions.com
Johnny

johnny1971

Thanks for posting the picture Teresa. I forgot to. And thats just one corner of the reef. They have literally advanced all the way across it. I have two spots of blue shrooms that are holding thier ground. If you notice in the picture, there is a Live rock there that has a hole in it with a fairly large cavity. My mated pair of clowns took up residence in that over a bubbletip (why I dont know) but they defend thier little hole quite agressively. Its pretty funny when my Flame Angel gets to close and the female comes out after him. With those shrooms above the hole, there is one there that will inflate to about 4-5" across at midday. The little male will peak out from underneath it and it looks like he's got this huge red bonnet on. Pretty funny.

johnny1971

I havnt taken a full tank shot lately. Doesnt really matter, it looks pretty much the same. Reef is covered in shrooms.

johnny1971

Here is the full shot of my 70 gal reef. As you can see, they turned it into a shroom rain forest. I first got the tank 3 years ago from a friend who was moving and could not not keep it. I had had a reef for a long time up into college but had to sell it. School ya know.
He had one rock of less than a dozen red shrooms, a frogspawn and an open brain. So in the middle of winter we broke it down and moved it to my house. I guess it took a while for the water quality to return to normal. We tried to keep as much water we could but a rope holding a garbage can in my truck broke and we lost most of the water. It was a near 100% change. That sucked and eventaully the frogspawn and brain perished. The mushrooms however, went nuts. (mind you, I havested over 150 out of that tank last year)

johnny1971

Sorry chunky, I havn't replied yet as I have a bunch of trades to fill at the moment. I'll be harvesting sunday night and mailing monday. Its a serious pain to try and count them in there and I want to see how many I have left after this batch goes in the mail before I commit to selling or trading any more.

johnny1971

I'm glad yours made it. I just got an email from a guy in south carolina that I sent some to as well. His didnt arrive until today (thursday) and it looks like that extra day in transit turned them all to soup :(
Im highly surprised that they made it to Idaho in 3 days, but took 4 to go to South Carolina.
Looks like the same thing to Florida. Which as well is closer than idaho. The lady I traded with didnt get hers yesturday nor did I get the one she sent me. I can only hope the better weather in florida will help em make it. still waiting to hear from her.

dmcrete

Yep The Shrooms R Even Perkier This Mornin!!!a guy named joe jumped aboard this chat, and we traded, he sent me shrooms, zenia, and PEe Uuuu they were soup im bummed, But I Hope you all get your critters from me today, let me know johnny, i think you new name is SHROOMMAN!!!!
write me DENNIS

johnny1971

Mail just ran. yours didnt make it in today Dennis. I did get one from florida though. Water was pretty cold but I think he might make it. warming him up as I type. I got a little unhappy with the postal lady to the delays. As well, I have to leave around noon tomorrow and my mail doesnt run till about 2pm. I had her give me her number so I could call in the morning and have her meet me somewhere to pick it up early if it comes in, as I wont be back till sunday.