??'s : Odyssea Lights, Ripples, And RO/DI Switch

stsweene

Alrighty -- Any help is appreciated.
1) Is the actinic bulb that comes with the new Odyssea 38" PC light strips decent? The label on the bulb is 'blue', which is why I ask. It is white when off, and blue when on. OR should I upgrade?
a) And has anyone found a decent way to seperate the white/blue bulbs and get them on independent timers? Only came with 1 plug and 1 switch. I have already rewired my daytime bulb to a switch, so I can manually switch them, but only one plug-in limits me.
2) Has anyone found a good way of getting those nice water reflection ripples in your tank w/o using a wave machine? If so how many PH's and how far are your lights from the water.
3) Just got a RO/DI, and I am wondering how large and how frequent of water changes I can do to swap my water over.
Thanks SWF Msg Board!

jobob

1. the old jebo actinic is fake. that sounds like it is too. does ur corals glow(like a blacklight) under it? if not, replace. i did wow what a difference.
2. ur goin to have to rewire for a new plug.
3.the only way is with metal halide lights. pc wont do that. no matter how hard u try.
4.i would do any. just top off with it, within 2-3weeks it will be done. and just do normal water changes.

jobob

the day, with the daylight bulbs. u run them both at the same time, i turn on actinics first. this is my light cycle.
11:30am actinic
noon daylight(10k)
11:30pm daylight off
midnight actinic off.

Originally posted by jobob
1. the old jebo actinic is fake. that sounds like it is too. does ur corals glow(like a blacklight) under it? if not, replace. i did wow what a difference.
2. ur goin to have to rewire for a new plug.
3.the only way is with metal halide lights. pc wont do that. no matter how hard u try.
4.i would do any. just top off with it, within 2-3weeks it will be done. and just do normal water changes.

Hey, I hate to hijack, but on a related note, what brand and / or type of bulb would you use to replace if not the Jebo itself? I want to replace my actinic bulb as well (for a Jebo of my own) but I'm afraid of compatibiliy issues.
Thanks

Y

yeffre kix

The ripples are caused by a small point of bright light like you get from MH bulbs. PC's wont cause the nice effect because they give off a diffused light.

jobob

im not sure the brand name. but the bulbs says ACT 03 on it. i got them from

[hr]
. like 2 for $42 with shipping. make sure u get actinic 03. there the real ones. i got aga actinic to replace them, and their not all 03 only some. and their more blue than purple. any pc bulb will work. either 65w or 55w. just make sure its a straight pin. and 03.

snipe

just becuase the auction sais there 03 dont mean they really are. Also "true" antinics are purple not blue. Now if the is the old "jebo" lights then there fake anitinics. If it is the new "jebo" light called "odessey" then there real antinics and are white when turned off. Just look at the picture on the site all the lights are turned off. If there blue and there turned off there fake foru sure.

Originally posted by jobob
im not sure the brand name. but the bulbs says ACT 03 on it. i got them from

[hr]
. like 2 for $42 with shipping. make sure u get actinic 03. there the real ones. i got aga actinic to replace them, and their not all 03 only some. and their more blue than purple. any pc bulb will work. either 65w or 55w. just make sure its a straight pin. and 03.

can you email me?
lou10579@optonline.net

stsweene

Hey snipe - The bulb is definitly white when off, and I would go with more a shade of blue then purple when on. And yeah its the new Odyssea model.
Thanks.

snipe

Hey snipe - The bulb is definitly white when off.
Then it is a real antinic.
and I would go with more a shade of blue then purple when on.
The "real" true antinic is purple when on but it is blue when it hits the water. I have seen pics of it im sure someone can post them as I dont have "real true" antinics just the blue ones.
And yeah its the new Odyssea model.
Then there real I have that same light. Though I got a messup in my oder. I got the upgraded light for $109 "including shipping". Mine came pre-wired for moon lights and two fans. Though it came at a price. One of the ballast was deffective. The guy replaced it but the manufactere he gets them from sent a refurbished ballast that was missing parts :mad: . So after taking the two and breaking solders and re-soldering I had a working ballast again. But in the process of it being fixed one of the bulbs got broke :scared: ! So now I have to order a new bulb but it is gonna be like $16 "including shipping".
Lol alot of work but it will be good in the end lol.