Sabae Anemone??

bmac_2727

Hey just curious would the stock lighting of a JBJ support a sabae anemone?? Also SWF says they are peaceful so does that mean they would be okay to put in my "reef" without having to worry about killing my other coral? The stock lighting is the 2x 24W 50/50.

bang guy

I personally wouldn't try a Sebae in a nano nor would I attempt to keep it healthy with 50 watts of light.
These are high energy animals. This means they require a LOT of food. Nano tanks just can't cope with that much food without degrading water quality.

bmac_2727

ya i was thinking the same thing you just told me. I have just seen some in pics of nano's and I have a pair of maroon clowns i wanted to host the anemone. Granted that there is no telling if the clowns would even host it I think it would be cool to try but not at the expense of it dying or killing my coral. Does anybody have an anemone in a nano that would care to share thier experience with it??

i have a sebae in a year it has grown from 3 in. to 11 in. its been happy under PC, when fully open it does sting my other corals, but nothing major but no way is a sebae good for a nano.

nikesb

watts per gallon is an outdated idea. you'd need at least 4 t5-ho bulbs or a 150w mh to keep an anemone successfully in nano