Sad about the $75 rule here at SWF

triton

Saltwater Aquariums are an expensive hobby in general.
If you dont have the cash to fund it, it is probably best to find another hobby.

sfoister

Originally Posted by Triton
If you dont have the cash to fund it, it is probably best to find another hobby.
It is only expensive as you make it. Do things right the first time and budget yourself and there is no reason why this hobby should be exclusive to the wealthy.

azfishgal

Originally Posted by Triton
OK, I guess I need to restate what I was saying. It's NOT the money!!!!!!!! It's the fact that I can't buy one or two fish at a time. I wish they WOULD offer a shipping charge to those of us who do not want to spend $75 on fish, but just want to add fish SLOWLY like everyone on here says to do. I have found other sites that will ship fish out, with no minimum order, yes the fish are a bit more expensive, but at least I can buy just one or two. I've just heard a lot of good things about the fish on this site and it's a shame I won't ever experience that.
Adding inverts or corals might be a good idea, but I can only get so many and I already have a bunch (of inverts that is). But again, I QT EVERYTHING for three weeks, weather it's coral, inverts, or fish (and my QT is only 10 gallons so I'm limited - though I'm thinking of getting a 20L). Yes, coral or inverts are not effected by disease BUT they can carry it, and three to four weeks in QT will help ensure I don't present any parasites to my DT. Again, it's the responsibility of a good marine aquarist (IMO), and that means buying fish from this site is out.
OK, did I get it right this time in explaining myself? If not, I give up, just forget I even started this thread.

Edit: And in case anyone misreads this post, I'm not upset in anyway, just trying to restate what I was saying at the beginning. Obviously I mentioned a few things, like the fuel charge, that I shouldn't have. Sorry.

hatessushi

Originally Posted by renogaw
that's THE worst thing about this site. there's WAY too much on the wishlist instead of in stock
They could do like another site does and offer free shipping if you buy $225 worth. You can just go to your LFS and buy your fish there. I think SWF has great prices and the minimum order to get free shipping is reasonable despite the fuel charge.
By the way, you can write your congressman (all of them are worthless) all you want. they can do absolutley nothing about fuel prices and that includes fuel taxes. Unless you can lobby to get enough votes in congress and the senate to change the fuel tax law don't waste your money since you would be better off spending it on getting your items. The oil companies control the price of fuel and the government taxes, taxes, and taxes it.

azfishgal

Originally Posted by fxlr8
yes, if they are in stock

I don't have a problem with the minimum order price, I just have problems trying to find things I want to get to the minimum.
And this does make my thread pointless, as the jawfish I want have been on the "wish list" everyone time a check, so I gues it's the lfs for me.
So everyone can go home now, no need for further discussion. :hilarious

sea-doo chick

So, when did SWF start this new fish order of $75.00?? I was thinking of getting some fish and things, but once I read this, I am going to wait now...

beth

Administrator
Staff member
There is no "min." requirement. If you want to order one fish, you certainly can, but you'll need to pay for shipping just like you would on any other online site. And don't be fooled. You pay for shipping at the LFS too. They work the shipping cost into their price.
If all you want is one average, inexpensive fish, it is better to find it locally rather than going anywhere online. Shipping is a factor with any online retailer.
Since you've indicated that you no longer need to discuss this, we'll close the topic for you.

azfishgal

Originally Posted by Sea-Doo Chick
So, when did SWF start this new fish order of $75.00?? I was thinking of getting some fish and things, but once I read this, I am going to wait now...
I think it's always been there, I've just never tried to order fish until now. I will say I got a steel of a deal on my skimmer, it was like over $100 less here than at my lfs, so the things you can get here at SWF will definitely save you money.