Sad Day

n2deep

Woke up this morning and found that all my fish were dead in my 140 gal DAS tank. A huge 16 inchesStarsnstripe puffer approx 6 years old, Large Niger, Yellow tang and Wrasse. Just did a water change and the next moring all dead. Can only be one of two things. First, one of the brushes I used to clean must have had bleach left on it or the puffer blew up and released his slime and killed the tank. When I first noticed it this morning the tank was cloudy. THIS REALLY SUCKS!!!

cincyreefer

Sorry to hear that. I would agree that it sounds like the puffer released the toxin... I know someone else who just had the same thing happen in their 220 gallon. Wiped out all 4 puffers in the tank. Hard way to lose all $1100 of fish, especially ones you have had so long. Good luck with whatever you decide to do next with the tank.

evilss

what a terrible loss. i would not disregard the bleach issue. my puffer usually puffs 2 times a month. i havent had a single problem with him doin this yet. hope you can figure it out so you can try to avoid what it was again. once again sorry for you loss.

n2deep

What makes it worse is that this tank and half the fish(including the puffer) was given to me by a good friend of mine. He had the tank, puffer and Niger for over 5 years. The tough part was telling him. He loved those fish. He gave all of it to me over a year ago when he moved. Thanks Cincy for you story it helps ease the pain. Also note I used r/o di water, aireated it for a week, and also added PRIME to the tank when I changed the water.

B

bildotang

Sorry for the loss. The stars & stripes is one of my favorite puffers. I lost my 9 inch puffer about 3 months ago (Ick got to him), and I have been sad ever since. Terrible way to go. If you find out what happened, keep us posted so that when I get another one, I can learn from your accident.
Once again, sorry for your loss.