sad sad day

bandcamp

it's a sad day, overnight our little brown banded cat shark passed away.
little czark was only 3 months & 2 days old.
he passed away from internal bleeding, most likely caused by an anenome (not sure what kind) that appears to have been eaten.
he was a cute little bugger - started to get his own little personality - knew when we were getting ready to feed him & would wait for that big stick to come on down with his food. last friday he was chasing our eel around because we use the same stick to feed them both.

novice150

Sorry to hear about your loss. :(
If it makes you feel any better, this is a fairly common occurrence among very young bamboo sharks. Providing the shark was eating, and the water conditions were acceptable, there is relatively nothing you could have done to prevent it.
The fact that an anemone is gone, most likely means that the anemone just died. Even if the shark had ingested the anemone, it would not cause internal bleeding.

polarpooch

That's a sad loss. Those sharks are really groovy fish. Maybe you'll be able to replace him with better luck.

bandcamp

the anenome isn't completely gone, it's head is still alive. we think he ate the last 2 anenomes we put in the tank - this one was in the tank all along, i don't have a picture of it, it has a head about the size of a feather duster crown & a long tube-like body, that was attached to the rock.
we're going to try to replace him, along with some other fish & shrimp, we just have to get some quote first, since the firm is paying for it.

ac

Sorry to hear about your shark. I just lost one of mine I had for 3 years, I can relate to your loss.:(