sad sick lookin fish HELP

gotfish

I have a 90 gallon going for about six weeks.
with 55 lbs of live rock
40 lbs of live sand
30 lbs of dead sand
I have gone through the cycle and began to add fish now all fish seem very strange.
i have a cinnamon clown who is just laying on the bottom
i have a royal gramma floating on top but at a ninety degree angle facing down.
i have a yellow tand who swims sideways
the all look really bad I dont have any ideas why
ph 82
amonia .10
nitrate is fine
nitrite seems to be at 0
what is going on ??
any help or ideas would be great
thanks

stcardoza

Hi,
It looks like it's ammonia poisining. Fish are very, very sensitive to ammonia and it will kill them very quickly. I would recommend doing a large water change to reduce the level of ammonia in the tank. The ammonia level in the tank should be 0 at all times. What probably happened is that either your tank was not fully cycled when you added your fish, or more likely you added too many fish too fast and your bio-filtering bacteria need more time to reproduce to handle the increased bio-load. It sounds like you added a lot of fish very quickly. You really should only add one or two per month to give your bio-filter time to catch up to the increased load. You will need to reduce the level of ammonia in the water in order for your fish to survive. I would do the large water change and see if you can't return the tang or some of the other fish to reduce the load on your system. There are some products like ammo-lock which will temporarily mask the problem, but they are not long term fixes.
-Steve

slick

Yep do a large water change asap. Do you have a qt? If you do you can put the gramma and the clown in there and leave the tank in your display tank.