Safe sculpting material?

Ok, Lets see if I can get any responses on this one. I will also maybe post this in the Reef Forum, but thought maybe someone may have a idea here also. I am wanting to start up another tank. What I want to do for decoration is to have it look like a ship wreck underwater. I know that I cant put real wood in my saltwater(Right?), I would like to make a mold from a piece of wood and form wood from a marine safe material that can be left underwater. From this I would like to attach a "net" . Would I be able to use a nylon net and leave it submerged without any detrimental effects? I have a picture in my head that I would like the tank to look like, just trying to get some ideas so that I can start to work on this project. If anyone has any suggestions...I am all ears! or should I say all eyes?
Thanks!
Mike

broomer5

Hi Mike,
I know that some folks in the hobby are starting to make their own "rock" structures, from some recipe using various materials.
I don't know the details - although if you did a search on the net for
Making your own live rock
I bet you'd find the info you looking for - regarding the raw/mixed material necessary.
Personally I would hesitate putting any "netting" in a tank that will contain fish.
Fish - Nets - People - have a long history together. I see problems already from the fish's perspective.
Good luck - and if you pursue this project - please post some pics. Would be anxious to see the process and final outcome.

Check out the recipe for "Aragocrete" on http:www.garf.org. I am considering this option as well for making "live rock" for use in my sump.

Thanks guys! Broomer5, I will have to really plan on what size fish vs. netting size prior to set up. Good point though!