Safe Stand Height?

jawz

i plan to build a stand, first one went to scraps cuz i had no time. and now i got more time to do this finally and was wonderin what recommended safe heights are. My tank is a 35 gallon, its 36x12.5x18 i believe. Ive seen the norm to be like 28 inches. I was thinkin of maybe 30 inches high? or id like to go a little higher if possible.

lateagain

my 180 sits 42" off the ground without a 2x4 in the stand, its all 3/4" oak plywood, 42" up puts the whole tank at eye level for me, that way you don't have people bending over to look in your tank. HTH

shep

My stand is 30" made of 3/4" birch plywood. I was pressure tested and held more than a pine 2X4 stand. Never imagined that but who would have. I went with 30 inches due to a few reasons.
1) It's in my computer room and mates perfect to computer desk
30" is standar desk/table height
2) With a 30" stand it makes my tank top roughly 54" tall. One must reach down inside the tank to the bottom.
3) I can roll over in my computer chair and the tank is at eye level for me to view.

cboyfan2020

I have a 120g that is 48x24x24 and I am having the stand built out of oak with 4x4's and the ends. Standd will be about 36" high with tank being 2 feet high. Should be a comfortable height to view the whole tank.