Safe to add the fish now?

krashpd

I bought a FOWLR tank and have finished setting it up. The tank used about 1/3 of the water from the original tank. I added cured live rock and some live sand I had with the live sand that came with the tank. The current stats are:
Ph: 8.2
Ammonia: .25-.50
Nitrates: 40-80
Nitrites: 0
Temp: 77.0
The fish added will be a dogface puffer (temporarily), a niger trigger, yellow tang, and some kind of orange goby I think. There are no corals and just some hermits. Tank is a 150g and a 30-40 gallon sump with CCS skimmer. The tank itself and the water look very clear and the hermits have been in almost 24 hrs and seem to be fine.
Please let me know since I think the fish are becoming stressed in the temporary storage container with a pump and live rock but no real filtration. They have been in there for about 40 hrs.
Thanks,
Krash

nolson

Oh, And krash, It still looks like you are mid cycle, You need to wait untill your amonia is at 0.0

krashpd

I still have the 90g corner for sale. I wasn't sure if the tank would cycle since it was all stuff that was cured.
Thanks,
Krash

nolson

Krash,
Ill buy the 90 corner from you, I live near you. It sounds like you still have a ton of questions. I have 3 years of expereince, I can help you out alot. You interested?
Thanks

petjunkie

You could try putting them in after adding some Amquel to detoxify the ammonia and doing daily water changes for a while but you might lose some fish. Are you testing the water they are in? With no filtration I would be doing lots of water changes. How big is the rubbermaid?