Safe to dump pods in QT?

keeshcarm

I have purchased numerous packs of pods from SWF to keep my Mandarin fed just in case while he was in the DT...
Now he is in QT and refuses to eat anything I offer. I can purchase him pods but with all the liquid they come in is it safe to dump all that green water in the QT? He is in the 20g with the clowns. It would take several packs a week to feed him! How fast can I grow pods elsewhere? The cost is not a problem, I don't want to destroy the stable enviro in the QT.
Seems I saw a thread here somewhere on raising them. Anyone remember where?

gypsana

You could put the pods in their but they will not have enough time to reproduce and will eventually be pricey. You could try a Mandarin diner "http://www*** Please do not post links to other stores -Sep. They are very slow eaters and they like to pick all day. What do you have in your DT? I took mine out of QT after a few days because my levels went crazy. He loves his new home and I do not have to worry about him getting enough to eat. QT's however are a great way to get them to eat prepared foods. I would give the diner a shot and see if that works. Just remember not to put in too much food or you will have problems.

deejeff442

why is he in qt?
mandarins dont need to be qt before he goes into the dt.
they are almost immune to ich.
if the qt is being treated in hypo or copper the pods will die.

keeshcarm

Yes, thank you I did check out the diner. I put him in a tank inside the tank to try to get him to eat,,, also so the others can't bother him.
"""why is he in qt?
mandarins dont need to be qt before he goes into the dt.
they are almost immune to ich."""
Almost immune? or immune? I have everyone out because of an ich scare.
Do I dare put him back in the DT without the fear of propagating more ich?

deejeff442

mandarins can get ich but it is very rare the poisen slime coat on them will kill the ich .but if the mandarin is not healthy it can happen.
if your mandarin was eating pods and acting normal he wont get ich.