Sahorse with no tail

I got a seahorse in a clump of sargasso that had no tail. I swims upside down and some times it manages to hitch upsidedown with its nose. Does any one know if I can make a prosthetic tail so it can swim right side up?? mabe not to hitch but to counterbalance him??? Thanks

cranberry

Seahorses do not need their tails to balance them. A seahorse without a tail will remain upright. They do not intentionally hitch with their snouts. He is probably trying to get to the bottom and his snout gets hocked along the way. He is upside down because of bouancy issues.

keri

I would think trying to attach something to him would just stress him out but he may find a way to balance himself, i used to have a whole tank of "rejects" (fish with missing or no eyes, missing fins, crooked spines) when I was a kid working at a pet shop, and for the most part they did fairly well. You may have to target feed him so he gets his share though - best of luck!!

He died 2 days ago :(... I tried to target feed him but the tail stub was infected and I think that took him out.
Originally Posted by Keri
http:///forum/post/2852149
I would think trying to attach something to him would just stress him out but he may find a way to balance himself, i used to have a whole tank of "rejects" (fish with missing or no eyes, missing fins, crooked spines) when I was a kid working at a pet shop, and for the most part they did fairly well. You may have to target feed him so he gets his share though - best of luck!!