Sail fin tangs.

jay0705

How are these guys? Especially as far as mixing with other tangs? Not other sail fins lol

jay0705

Ah very good. My lfs has a nice looking smaller one. A fish ive though about but i was really looking at a fox face i saw last week. Noticed the tang and it honestly seems to have some personality. Swims to the front isnt easily spooked by movement. I may go back tomm and pick it up.

one-fish

Sounds like someones getting an early xmas present. Lol....kinda looking at a lawn mower blenny myself but going to wait till tank will support new livestock, but more snails are on my good list...

florida joe

IMG_2829.JPG
Jay if an old man like me can keep a sail-fin Tang with other tangs so can a young buck like you

Last edited:

florida joe

68 wow I sure hope those spots on the face of my sail-fin are not the ick parasite after all tangs are ick magnets

jay0705

Ha ha 39 where close. Its funny, i got ich in my tank from a snail bag that slipped into the water while acclimating. I left the tank fallow for 2 months. I lost fish in the process, so after the 2 months i was looking at fish again. My wife wanted to surprise me and asked if i wanted a new fish. I asked what they had. One was a yellow tang. I said a TANG!!!. she took that as thats what i wanted lol. I said well , we shall see if the ich is gone or not. 3 yrs later he's going strong. Tangs are a fav fish of mine. Just hippos always have the ich magnet moniker or hlle issues

florida joe

I love tangs as you can tell. this is my first trigger but i have to tell you tangs and a blue jaw trigger look great together