Salem's Lot

orion7

Anyone watch Salem's Lot over the weekend? I have seen several stephen king movies and it suddenly struck me that there are several reoccurring themes.
Ralphie
Duds
Georgie
One character being a writer
A general store
Four friends fighting an evil.
Several several more.
However salem's lot has the most repeated themes from all of his stories. Second part's on tonight on TNT.

Ah, also saw timecop 2 berlin decision, excellent story. Love the substories about current politics in it. :thinking:

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Shoot, I wanted to catch that, but missed it. Is it as good a the orginal movie?

tervman

Salem's Lot = Satanic Antique Dealer
Needful Things = Satanic Antique Dealer
I was sooooo lost last night, watching Part 1. I taped it, and will have to tape Part 2 tonight, since I will be out, then I will go back and watch the whole thing together, to try to figure out what the heck is going on.

orion7

It was good I haven't seen the first Salem's Lot. Unfortunately I have to work tonight as well. So I will be taping the second part.

moto757

i watched it pretty good and for you guys and wondering about conections with stephen kings books get into the gunslinger series and everything is conected even salems lot which i thought was pretty neat how they combine stuff and if you read needful things it mentions cujo in there also i have one book that has all the books/movies conected with the gunslinger series and it was almost 3/4 weird huh

blueberryboomer

I watched it too, but will watch it again, I got a little lost in there.
So far I'm confusing it with the original Salem's Lot and Needful Things, I have to stop and think what movie is this?
As for the Gunslinger series, AWESOME READ! I got Song of Susannah today, I can't wait to read it, I have to finish Religion first thou, or read them both at the same time. Lisa

innsmouth

However salem's lot has the most repeated themes from all of his stories.
That's because it was one of his first and best IMO. That was the book that got me into reading again in my teens. The movies are pretty bleak compared to the book as usual. I did prefer the remake to the David Soul series from the 70's. At least Barlow was represented correctly in this one and not some slobbering monster, Max Shrek reject like he was in the older version.