Sally lightfoot itch

Hey! Anyone ever watch one of these guys hanging on the underside of rock and use the rock below it to scratch it's back with?
Is this a sign of moting I hope? and not some itchy disease!!! Or maybe he/she just likes the feel of being scratched?

Yesturday we saw our Sally scratching her right 3rd and 4th legs we just kind of laughed it off...maybe there lust itchie all the time!

scubaguy

Now I want to go and see his pic and members pic.
Stay away MX#28 its nice to share but I do not like crabs

Oh, to the original poster. The sally might be getting ready to molt(sp?)

mx#28

Originally Posted by ScubaGuy
Stay away MX#28 its nice to share but I do not like crabs

Well, I think sharing is good. In fact, I picked up my crabs from a felllow reefer when we did a group thing (a group buy, that is). Most all of us came away with at least a few crabs.

For the benefit of the poor person who started this thread, though, let's digress. The only crabs that I really have are a sally lightfoot and a porcelain crab and I have seen them scratch every once in a while. I don't know exactly what it means but I have never seen any parasites or had any further trouble with the crabs in the long run, so barring anything excessive, I wouldn't worry much.
Perhaps someone more knowledgable on crustacean parasites / diseases can chime in.