salt brands

josh

Ivan, go with instant ocean. Some will argue that but I have had the best luck with it and have read many good things about it and heard the same from many other experienced reefers !

fshhub

instant ocean is good, you can get additives for the trace elements that you want, and are less expensive then buying salt with them in there, but if you want a good salt
reef crystals would be my first pick, same as IO with your desired elements

rhearrel

I have used Instant Ocean will good results but am now trying a different brand just for convenience sake. Will keep you posted.
Ray

kdlbem

I have been using instant ocean for almost a year with absolutely no problems. I had heard that it contains phosphates, so I have tested freshly mixed water quite a few times, and haven't seen a trace yet.
HTH,
B

wamp

I have 4 tanks.. Each one uses a diffrent salt. Out of all of the tanks Reef Crystal salt brand seems to have the best results as far as "out of bag" elements.. But that argumment is as old as the hobby itself. Just pick one and stick with it..

i'm using "marine environment". it's two parts. salt and a small bottle of trace elements. so far, so good. according to some web surfing, it provides the nearest to sea water. but, if you find something that works for you, go with it. :)