Salt Mix?

jcsurfn

When you mix your salt how much water movment do you want in it? I usually mix about 10 gal. for my 55 gal. tank. What power head should I use in there. I have a Maxi jet 600 also a Maxi Jet 900. I also have a Fluval 3 that if you take off the plasic filter part it acts as a power head. I also have a 802 power head but that would be a bit much. So which would you use?
Thank You

T

thomas712

Either one of the maxi jets will work fine. I use a 10 gallon tank to mix my salt for the 55 gal tank. Place your ph on one end of the container and your heater on the other end. Point the ph down toward the bottom and let it sit for at least 24 hours.
Thomas

jarvis

I say use the 802.......when it time to change the water plug a 5/8outside diamater flextube on the output.....you got a pump with enough headpresure to push water across the house and get to the tank. Hey if you got it lying around no sense in haveing to lift buckets.:D

slick

I use a spare cooler to mix my water in. I have a maxi jet 1200 in there. Works great. The heat from the ph warms up the water in the cooler so it's not so cold.