---saltfisher-------

tony detroit

I know you've been looking for some lookdowns. My buddy owns a fish store and can get you some. They're usually 75-80 bucks, and he would probably ship. If not, I may be going down to get a smoothound this weekend so I could possibly bring you one.

saltfisher

You are coming to Columbus? I will take one if it's small. I appreciate you willing to do that. Let me know if it's available and the price.
Thanks, Bro

pimp5047

tony,
how much does your buddy sell his smooth hounds for and does he have leapords, if so, can you get me a price on those and find out if he will ship to miami

tony detroit

Originally posted by pimp5047
tony,
how much does your buddy sell his smooth hounds for and does he have leapords, if so, can you get me a price on those and find out if he will ship to miami

My buddy can't get sharks, that's why I'm going to Columbus. I'm going there to get a smoothound. 210 is a good price, I just payed 200 for mine. They're outta season now, so if you can find them I'd get them now. The place I'm going to is selling the smoothounds for 300.

moraymike

Tony Detroit:
Cool, are you with the state/EPA, or are you working for a company?
Just curious, what temp do you keep your water? Leopards are cool water species, but they appear to adapt pretty well to warm water tanks. Would you agree?

cincyreefer

I would agree...
Actually i keep almost all my sharks at temperatures around 77, which is rather high for most of them but I feel that is better than lots of fluctuations. And i have yet to experience a death due to temperature related issues.
edit- A chiller would probably solve the temperature fluctuations, but I never thought it was worth the money when I havn't had any problems.

tony detroit

Originally posted by MorayMike
Tony Detroit:
Cool, are you with the state/EPA,

I would never work for those dumbI=ucks. Most have little "real" experience when it comes to running a real jobsite, and only know book smarts. They want you to wear supplied air for oil cleanups in 30mph winds. I hate those a$$es. I had a DEQ guy make me wear safety glasses in a plant that was closed down. There was NOTHING in this plant, just walls.
I work for a private contractor
Originally posted by MorayMike

Just curious, what temp do you keep your water? Leopards are cool water species, but they appear to adapt pretty well to warm water tanks. Would you agree?

I stay about 75-76.5 depending on if I'm running my pump for my skimmer. I am looking for a chiller currently, and will be purchasing one before thanksgiving.