Saltwater Earthworms?

Well after having my tank setup for months and never really seeing any hitchhikers (I was actually kinda bummed about it) I went home this morning to do tank maintenance I found a completely different tank...I was beyond excited. I had a bunch (probably 20 visible or so) of these large earthworm looking worms stretched out of my rocks down into the sandbed. A few of them were as big as a pencil and I could see at least 6" of them so they are pretty long. This explains why my sand has stayed so clean lately...I just had not actually seen the guys before today. Does anybody know what these guys are? They were everywhere! No bristles or anything on them....Just smooth worms that were burrowing down into the sand. They really did look like earthworms.
I also saws tons of pods
and a few really small snails along with a crab I couldn't identify.
It just amazed me that I have been looking for months and never really seen anything but the tank was FULL of life this morning!.

sickboy

Spionid worms? Were they clear? Two arms coming from a tube?
Check out Chuck's Addiction info site, there are a ton of pic of worms.

sickboy

Also, have you checked out your tank in the middle of the night yet? I couldn't believe all the stuff in mine when I got done with the cycle.

Originally Posted by sickboy
http:///forum/post/2881459
Also, have you checked out your tank in the middle of the night yet? I couldn't believe all the stuff in mine when I got done with the cycle.
That is when I found all these creatures. I work night shift so I don't get the opportunity to check it out too often. I got home early this past morning and it was awesome!

Originally Posted by sickboy
http:///forum/post/2881457
Spionid worms? Were they clear? Two arms coming from a tube?
Check out Chuck's Addiction info site, there are a ton of pic of worms.
I am looking at it now. What I have looks like peanut worms on his site. I also see the numerous worms (and I honestly weren't sure what they were) that are living on some of my mexican turbo snails shells are seballidae worms and the snails I couldn't identify are collinista snails.