saltwater fish shipping

interex216

I would like to start off with that i love the site its set up wonderfully and i love the forums so thank you for that. I also would like to say that the new shipping policies i really do not like.
Now i have to pay more to get less i was ok with ordering 79.00 to get free shipping but now if i order that amount i have to pay 10.00 more than when we had free shipping now if you want to lower the min amout for shipping thats fine but i think you should have set a mark for free shipping also.
Your prices are great and your livestock are very healthy (except for my live rock i was not pleased it was more like wet rock no life on them at all and i got like 5 pieces that were all solid and really heavy so that got to me 45-50lbs rather fast) but all and all i really wish you could change the shipping some i mean yes i know such and such is on sale for 9.99 but after shipping its 49.99 for a nudibranch.
Im not trying to start a riot or anything i just dont thing this set up is fair for the people who order large amounts from swf.com once agian though this is my OWN opinion i just wanted to brings this up and see what could be done about it.Also im not flamming you about the rock i am just honestly disappointed in the quality of it it was all base rock and void of life. Thank you for the forums once agian.

nano reefer

i agree, i am glad they made the minimum order small, but they should keep the free shipping on orders that are big enough like it was before. they still charge you 10 for "servicing" i believe though.

burch2006

shipping was never really free. theres always been the processing fee and now the gas fee. But the gas fee has been around for awhile

saltwaterfish.com

Administrator
Staff member
Fish are sent air cargo from overseas. Fish are sent FedEx to people's homes. The cost of those services have gone up even more than the cost of gasoline. We love doing the free shipping promotion, but our customers are smart enough to realize that when the fuel surcharge is $19.00, it's not really free.
You get shipping for $27.99 with no additional charges when you purchase $79.99. That up $3.00 from April. If you order less than $79.00, we charge $34.99. Neither of those shipping fees cover the actual rate we pay FedEx, so that's why you pay more when you order less.
I think if you shop around, you'll find that we're the best value out there....but I understand that nobody likes it when prices go up. Us included.
As for the rock, feel free to call us about it. We sell cured Fiji Premium rock. We don't even stock base rock.. but the cured rock doesn't have as much stuff on it as uncured rock. Bottom line, we want you happy with your purchase so call us and let us know how we can make it right.